Private Tour: Discovering Buddhist Kathmandu
OverviewDiscover the influence Buddhism had on Kathmandu while on this 6-hour tour. Accompanied by a private guide, you will explore temples such as Boudha Nath and Pashupatinath. Travel the valley while in a minivan, observing locals partake in daily worship as you venture deeper into the land.
- Instant Confirmation
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tourStart your day with a pickup from your Kathmandu hotel at approximately 10:00am. From there, begin your journey to Boudha Nath Temple, the country's largest stupa. Observe the stupa upon your arrival, insent on four sides, with the all-seeing eyes of Buddha gazing in each direction. It is common to see dozens of worshipers consistently perambulating the stupa, while spinning each of the sacred prayer wheels. Stroll around the stupa to catch a glimpse of the smaller shrines and homes of Buddhist priests. Next, make your way to the Pashupatinath Temple, one of the most sacred of Hindu temples in Nepal. Walk past the 6th-century statue of Buddha, an 8th-century statue of Brahma, and skeletal images that guard the temple gates.
Afterwards, depart to arguably the oldest Buddhist shrine, Swayambhunath temple. Looking east from here, one can see the entire Kathmandu valley spread out below. View the paintings displayed on the monasteries and massive prayer wheels. Special butter lamps can be lit after monetary gifts are offered to the images. While in the area, enjoy a lunch break in Durbar Square and see the temple of the Living Goddess. Finally, visit Kasthamandup, a temple built from a single tree from which the Kathmandu derives its name. After your final tour, begin your journey back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Discovering Buddhist Kathmandu
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour: Discovering Buddhist Kathmandu
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Adult pricing applies to all other travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.