Private Tour: Discovering IstanbulWrite a Review
This private tour of Istanbul's old town district is a wonderful mix of history and culture, enriched by an expert tour guide.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourAfter your guide picks you up from your accommodations, the tour will open with the magnificent Hippodrome, once the site of chariot races during the Roman and Byzantine times. See the ancient monuments which stand here to this day, such as the Obelisk of the Theodosius, the Serpentine Column, and the Column of Constantine. Then, visit the most photographed site in Istanbul, the Blue Mosque. Famous for its beautiful courtyard and impressive minarets, the mosque gets its nickname from the splendid blue tiles that cover its interior walls.
Next, visit Topkapi Palace, home to the Sultans of the Ottoman Empire. Today, Topkapi Palace is a spectacular museum which houses the Muslim worlds holiest relics, including the cloak and sword of the Prophet Mohammed. Break for lunch, then continue to the Hagia Sophia, one of the worlds architectural gems. An ancient basilica dating back to the 4th century, the Hagia Sophia stood as the Cathedral of Constantinople for over a thousand years before being converted into a mosque in 1453, it serves as a museum today.
Spend time in Istanbul's famous Grand Bazaar, the largest and the oldest covered marketplace in the world, where you may find all kind of gifts, leather, clothing, rugs (carpets), antiques, and jewellery in an authentic Oriental atmosphere . Experience the sights, sounds and aromas. At the end of the tour you will be transferred back to your hotel or cruise port.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Discovering Istanbul
- Private tour
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Exclusions for Private Tour: Discovering Istanbul
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.