Private Tour: 'Doctor Who' Cardiff TV Locations From London By Black Cab
OverviewDiscover the Doctor Who world of daleks, sontarans and extraterrestrials on a day trip to Cardiff by London black cab! With a private driver as a guide, explore the Welsh capital and see many of the exciting filming locations used in the hit sci-fi TV series. Hear insider gossip about characters such as Rose Tyler and Amy Pond; see the cafe where the Doctor met with his trusted companions; and visit Cardiff Bay for a trip to its popular interactive exhibition: the Doctor Who Experience (entrance at own expense).
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Know More about this tourStart your experience with a hotel pickup by traditional London black cab, and meet your friendly driver who doubles up as your personal guide. Relax in one of the cabs comfortable seats, and listen to tales and trivia about the Doctor Who TV series as you travel west out of the city, along the motorway to the Welsh capital.
After roughly 3 hours on the road, work your way into central Cardiff to see all the Doctor Who sights. Pass the American cafe where the Doctor regularly meets his friends, and visit the places where Captain Jack Harkness from the Torchwood Institute an extraterrestrial-fighting team and the Doctor puzzled over weird and wonderful events.
Having seen the fictional character of the Face of Boe (played by a giant mechanical head), loop past the houses of the Doctors two trusted sidekicks: Amy and Rory Pond. From the residential neighborhoods, travel back into the city center and head inside the Doctor Who Experience at Cardiff Bay.
Enter the interactive exhibition at your own expense, and then explore with your guide, seeing a collection of original costumes alongside other attention-grabbing memorabilia and Doctor Who artifacts. Watch a short film about the series, and then become the Doctors assistant on a walk through the TARDIS time machine. Step through a crack in the wall, battle with the Doctors enemies and gasp in awe at the special effects that line your route. Finish by posing for a photo against a giant screen, displaying your choice of background.
Take a break for lunch (own expense), and then sightsee around Cardiff some more, seeing the wedding setting of Amy and Rory Pond besides others. Learn about Rose Tyler, played by British celebrity Billie Piper, while passing her place of work. You can stop for a quick snack before you make your way out of the city, traveling back along the motorway.
Upon arrival in the capital, take in some of the London filming locations such as the only remaining Tardis a genuine London police box before finishing with a hotel drop-off in the evening.
Inclusions for Private Tour: 'Doctor Who' Cardiff TV Locations From London By Black Cab
- Transport by black cab
Exclusions for Private Tour: 'Doctor Who' Cardiff TV Locations From London By Black Cab
- Entrance fees (approximately 15 GBP)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.