Private Tour: Douro Valley Wine Experience From Porto
OverviewDepart to the majestic Douro Valley, UNESCO heritage site, on this private tour to experience the amazing scenery of the vineyards climbing the hills of the famous Douro River, award winning wineries and amazing food & wine! This tour infolds the port wine culture that has shaped this region as well as the rich history and lifestyle of the locals. A truly memorable event with our guests!
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourThrough a unique landscape of mountain and river it was born one of the most famous God nectars: Port wine Designated UNESCO World Heritage, the wine valleys of the Douro region provides some of the most spectacular scenery in Portugal, and the sprawling mountainous landscape of the Douro Valley itself is perhaps the most beautiful of all.
Enjoy a leisurely tour in a private van through this magnificent countryside en route to Portugal's wine country. The first stop will be the charming town of Amarante. This ancient town is filled with fine Romanesque architecture. While there you will visit, the 16th century Monastery of So Goncalo, on the banks of the river, as well as the lovely Roman Bridge.
Continuing to the heart of the Douro Valley, you will experience an award winning winery, complete with a guided tour, tasting and an impressive lunch consisting of Portuguese specialties at the estate. Indulge in the scenery while relaxing on the return trip.
This is a "must see" if you are exploring the north of Portugal, a favorite amongst our guests! Option of adding a river cruise on a traditional rabelo boat, used to transfer port wine from the Douro Valley to Porto.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Douro Valley Wine Experience From Porto
- Professional guide
- Private transportation in modern spacious air conditioned Mercedes vehicle
- Freeway tolls
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Complimentary bottled water
Exclusions for Private Tour: Douro Valley Wine Experience From Porto
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Lunch and entrance fees to wineries
- Optional river cruise
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable walking shoes; terrain is uneven with cobblestone
If arriving by cruise, please advise your cruise ship details at time of booking
The listed price does not include lunch or entrance fees to wineries (please see voucher for options, approximately 15-40 each).
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Aveiro Half-Day Tour from Porto Including Moliceiro River Cruise
- Porto Hop-On Hop-Off Tour with Optional River Cruise and Wine Tasting
- Wine Tour of the Vinho Verde Region from Porto Including Lunch
- Guimares and Braga - Small group tour with lunch from Porto
- Into the North - Small Group Wine Tastings Tour
- Food, Wine and Olive Oil Walking Tour in Porto