Private Tour: 'Downton Abbey' TV Locations Tour Of London By Black Cab
OverviewImmerse yourself in the London of 'Downton Abbey' on this 3-hour, 4-hour or full-day black cab tour with a friendly driver-guide. The private tour visits the locations where the series was filmed, as well as the exclusive gentlemens clubs and haunts typically frequented by early 20th-century English aristocrats, such as the fictional Crawleys, in Belgravia, Mayfair, Westminster and the City. Visit the shops where the likes of Lord and Lady Grantham might have bought their hunting outfits and hear behind-the-scenes truths and trivia as you go!
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Get inside tips from a local
- Fully narrated tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourChoose between a 3-hour, 4-hour or full-day tour and explore Londons Downton Abbey filming locations with a private guide. Start your tour with a central hotel pickup by London black cab, and meet your professional driver-guide. Settle into your comfortable vehicle and listen to interesting insider facts and insights into the making of the Downton Abbey series and plans for future seasons. Designed to be fun and entertaining rather than a serious historical exploration, this family-friendly tour is a fantastic way to see London through the eyes of the Granthams. Be sure to book early, though the tour is hugely popular!
Travel deep into the historical heart of London, delving into the prestigious districts of Westminster, Belgravia, Mayfair and the City all regular haunts of English gentry in the early 1900s. Pause outside the house that served as the Granthams family home and see where Harold, the maverick American brother of Cora Crawley, had a picnic with love interest, Madeline, and his mother Martha in the Christmas Special of Season 4.
Pass by the restaurants and gentlemens clubs, such as Boodles and Whites, Lord Grantham might have frequented. Also, step daintily out of your cab to visit some of the shops where the aristocratic Lord and Lady Grantham might have bought their clothes and hunting regalia. And, discover from your guide how Londons poor lived at the time, often in cramped districts just a few steps from the genteel areas known to families such as the Granthams.
If you have opted to enjoy a 4-hour tour, spend an additional hour exploring more buildings and shops featured in Downton Abbey. Alternatively, select the full-day tour option to include a visit to the grounds of the Granthams London home (entry to the house not included) and lunch (own expense) in a 500-year-old Tudor hall that has been frequented by the capitals elites for centuries.
Your tour finishes when your driver drops you at a convenient central London location.
Please note: all tour options include coffee breaks (own expense), restroom stops, and complimentary water. Depending on availability and group size, you might end up in an old-style black cab or a newer black cab. The maximum passengers per taxi is six.
Inclusions for Private Tour: 'Downton Abbey' TV Locations Tour Of London By Black Cab
- Hotel pickup
- Bottle of water
- Grounds ticket for the Grantham London Home (if option selected)
Exclusions for Private Tour: 'Downton Abbey' TV Locations Tour Of London By Black Cab
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 18 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Your tour lasts around three hours and includes coffee breaks (own expense), restroom stops, and complimentary water
Depending on availability and group size, you might end up in an old-style black cab or newer black cab
The maximum passengers per taxi is six
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- London Airport Executive Private Departure Transfer
- Small-Group Day Trip to Bath, Lacock and Stonehenge from London
- London Airport to Airport Private Transfer
- Small-Group Day Trip to Stonehenge, Glastonbury and Avebury from London
- Small-Group Day Trip to Salisbury, Stonehenge and Avebury from London
- London to Stonehenge Independent Return Trip Including Entry
- Airport to Airport London Transfer
- Private Departure Transfer: Central London to Heathrow Airport