Private Tour: Dubai Falconry Experience With Wildlife Drive And Optional Breakfast
OverviewEnjoy a personal interaction with falcons on a private, 5-hour falconry experience. Travel from Dubai by luxury 4x4, and then enjoy your own falconry session amid the dune-filled Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve. Guided by expert falconers, discover how to fly one of the birds of prey from your gloved hand, see traditional and modern training techniques, and marvel at the birds’ speed and agility. Enjoy a wildlife-watching drive and the option to upgrade with a breakfast at the luxury Al Maha Desert Resort.
Know More about this tourStart with an early morning pickup from your Dubai hotel by air-conditioned 4x4 vehicle, and chat to your private guide as your travel to the desert retreat. Gaze out at the scenery, and gain insight into the the country's passion for falconry from your guide. The practice originated from Bedouin tribes who used falcons to hunt desert animals so they could add meat to their nomadic diet.
After roughly 40 minutes, arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, the national park where your falconry experience takes place. First, take a wildlife-spotting drive through the reserve as you hear about the animals and plants that thrive in the unforgiving environment. Look out for indigenous animals such as Arabian oryx, gazelle, hares and geckos.
Then, meet one of the reserves qualified falconers to start your interactive experience with a number of falcons, kestrels and other birds of prey, all from an exclusive family collection. With practical tips from your trainer, take an active part in the birds daily training session. Wear a falconry glove and get the birds to fly from your fist to collect food and return to your hand.
During your private 1.5- to 2-hour session, see demonstrations of ancient and modern training techniques, such as the the use of remote control drones, and watch the birds as they soar through the sky and dive for bait. Marvel at their speed and listen as the falconer describes their innate hunting instincts. When your session finishes, travel back to your hotel where your tour ends.
Tour with Breakfast:Want to make your morning more special? Complement your desert experience with a breakfast fit for an Arabian king. Before your Dubai hotel drop-off, travel to the luxurious Al Maha Desert Resort for breakfast in the hotels renowned Al Diwaan restaurant. Choose to sit inside or outside, and feast from an international buffet that features classic western treats such as eggs Royale alongside spiced scrambled eggs and even fillet steak. Fruit juice, coffee and tea are included. Morning cocktails of mimosas and bloody marys are available at your own expense. See a sample menu in the Itinerary.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Dubai Falconry Experience With Wildlife Drive And Optional Breakfast
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private driver-guide
- Round-trip transport by air-conditioned 4x4
- Interactive falconry session
- Use of falconry glove and other equipment
- Breakfast at Al Maha Desert Resort (if option selected)
Exclusions for Private Tour: Dubai Falconry Experience With Wildlife Drive And Optional Breakfast
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Gratuities (optional)
Itinerary:Al Diwaan Breakfast Menu (subject to change):
Cold dish selection:
- Fresh and dried fruit, pastries, cereal, cold cuts of meat, vegetable crudités, dumplings and cheese
- Two eggs, any style
- Al Maha omelet: signature omelet with artichokes, roasted pecans and smoked salmon
- Eggs Benedict: poached eggs and pork ham or turkey, topped with Hollandaise sauce
- Eggs Florentine: poached eggs and spinach, topped with Hollandaise sauce
- Eggs Royale: poached eggs and smoked salmon, topped with Hollandaise sauce
- Seafood omelet: crab, shrimp and chives
- Two-egg omelet: choose from a selection of fillings
- Burhgee: Indian-style scrambled eggs with lots of spice
- Full English: two eggs, served with classic side dishes
- Arabic breakfast: two eggs, served with hummus, labneh, medames (cooked fava beans with spices, herbs and lemon), olives and halloumi cheese
- Petit fillet mignon
Sweet and savory:
- Brioche French toast with blueberry compote
- Large selection of tea, coffee and fruit juice
- Alcoholic morning cocktails (own expense)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Pickup and drop-off time may vary throughout the year depending on weather conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.