Private Tour: Dunedin To The Catlins
OverviewThe Catlins is a magical part of the south island where waterfalls, deserted golden beaches, coastal rain forest and rare wildlife can be found. Your private day tour will take you on an unforgettable journey where you'll learn about the indigenous people, early European settlers and see some of NZ's most spectacular scenery. Your guide has a Department of Conservation concession allowing you the best possible experience.This is the perfect day trip for those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and immerse themselves in the beauty of the Catlins.
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Small group ensures personal service
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourThis10-hour personalized tour of the Otago Peninsula and the Catlins begins with pickup from your Dunedin accommodation in the morning by private vehicle. You'llmeandersouth along ascenic route through the seaside village of Brighton before stopping at the mouth of the Taieri River for photos. Continuing on, your guide passes through Waihola and Balclutha en route to Owaka gateway to the Catlins.
Your first short walk takes you to Nugget Point, perhaps themost recognizablelandform of the Otago coastline. Your guide will point outrugged rocks likened to gold nuggets where New Zealand fur seals and seabirds can be viewed. If you visit between December and February it is often possibleto spotelephant seals from the viewing platform.
Continuing south, your next stop is afavorite bayforHooker's sea lions. After being hunted to near extinction, only about 200 remain on the mainland, and you mayget as close as 33 feet (10 meters)for a close look at these rare marine mammals.
After driving through native coastal rainforest, hike past ancient treesto the highest waterfall in the Catlins. Learn to identifybush birds and native plants en route toMcLean Falls, arguably the most stunningof thecascades. Further south you have theopportunity to see one of the rarest and smallest dolphins in the world, the Hectors dolphin, from a vantage point. The nutrient-rich waters attract them to one of the bays during the warmer months.
Enjoylight refreshments before a final stop at a uniquepetrified forest; at low tide the fossilized remains of an ancient forest can be seen. Your tour concludes with the return trip to Dunedin or an optional drop-off inInvercargill or the Stewart Island Ferry Terminal.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Dunedin To The Catlins
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- National Park fees
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Tour: Dunedin To The Catlins
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.