Private Tour: Eagle's Nest And Bavarian Alps Tour From Salzburg
OverviewDiscover the breathtaking views from the Eagle’s Nest (Kehlsteinhaus) in the Bavarian Alps on this private tour. Traveling from Salzburg, pass picturesque countryside on your way to the mountain retreat of Obersalzberg. Then transfer to a special coach to navigate the steep grades up to the Eagle’s Nest. After a ride in a World War II-era elevator, take in spellbinding views of the snowy Alps and villages below. You have the freedom to schedule this private tour when you wish and tailor the itinerary to suit your particular interests.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from your hotel in central Salzburg, travel by minivan or Mercedes E-Class across the Austrian-German border into scenic Bavaria. Pass acres of farmland and picturesque farmhouses as you make your way to Obersalzberg, the site of Adolph Hitlers residential complex.
At the foot of Obersalzberg, transfer into a bus fitted with a special engine and brakes for a 4-mile (6.5 km) trip along a road just 13 feet (4-meters) wide with a 22% grade.
When the road ends, walk through a 407-foot (124-meter) long tunnel to a World War II-era elevator built directly into the mountain. This opulent elevator is lined with brass, mirrors and leather and takes you inside the Eagle's Nest (Kehlsteinhaus).
Though the Eagles Nest was built as a retreat for Adolph Hitler as a 50th birthday gift, Hitler rarely visited the house. Today, this historical site located at an elevation of 6,017 feet (1,834 meters) is famous for its incredible views.
Walk around the property and up to the summit of Obersalzberg to admire stunning views of lush green valleys and the snow-capped Bavarian and Austrian Alps. Feel free to take plenty of photos and ask your knowledgeable guide as many questions as you wish about the history and significance of the Eagles Nest. Being on a private tour means you can take your time and get the most out of your visit.
On the way back to Salzburg, stop briefly at Berchtesgaden, which once was the site of important Third Reich buildings but today is a popular and lovely recreational area. You'll have 45 minutes in Berchtesgaden to explore and get a bite to eat (own expense).
Your 5-hour private trip to the Eagles Nest ends with drop-off at your Salzburg hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Eagle's Nest And Bavarian Alps Tour From Salzburg
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by minivan or Mercedes E-Class
- Private guide
Exclusions for Private Tour: Eagle's Nest And Bavarian Alps Tour From Salzburg
- Entrance fee Kehlstein Haus (16.10 euros per adult; 9.30 euros per child)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Itinerary:Please note: Entrance fees to the Kehlsteinhaus are not included in the tour price and have to be paid on the day (approx. 16.10 euros per adult and 9.30 euros per child).
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.