Private Tour: Eagle's Nest And World Famous Movie Locations From SalzburgWrite a Review
Explore Salzburg and its beautiful surroundings on the traces of the world famous musical âThe Sound of Musicâ and visit the historical Eagleâs Nest in the Bavarian Alps. A licensed chauffeur and a professional guide will take you on this 9-hour private excursion showing you the City of Salzburg, the Eagleâs Nest, the Austrian Lake District and all the âSound of Music locations that really interest you. This luxury, personalized tour is designed to give you the flexibility to pick and choose the venues, including where to go for lunch (own expense)
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Skip the line
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
Know More about this tour
Start your day with a pickup from your Salzburg accommodations by your guide and driver. Walk through the Mirabell gardens, famous across the world for the Do-Re-Mi scenes filmed here. See the Pegasus fountain and dwarf garden, as well as statues from Roman and Greek mythology. Drive up to one of the most beautiful viewpoints of the city, immortalized in Do-Re-Mi, with a fantastic view over the entire city of Salzburg and its millennium fortress. Take the elevator down to the historic town center and stroll with your guide past the horse baths, festival halls and through the St Peters cemetery which inspired the escape scenes in the musical âThe Sound of Musicâ. Walk past the cathedral and under the same arches as Maria in "I Have Confidence", and then onto the Residence square.
Meet your driver again at the Mozart Footbridge which Maria and the children ran over wearing their curtain clothes. Head back in the luxury minivan and make a photo stop near Mariaâs Abbey on your way to Leopoldskron Palace. After a short stop at Leopoldskron, drive on to the palace of Hellbrunn where you will have the chance to visit the original gazebo and gardens. Then, leave the city and drive south into the stunning Bavarian mountains where the opening scene was filmed. Now is your chance to spin in the field, reenacting the opening scene.
From here we will drive straightÂ to the Eagles Nest which will be our next stop. We will access the Eagleâs Nest with special busses and the original World War II-era elevator made from brass which once transported Hitlerâs guests to the Eagleâs Nest. Explore the site with your guide, and learn the history behind it as you go. Enjoy the incredible views to the Bavarian Mountains, the Kingâs Lake and the surrounding areas of Salzburg. The final portion of the tour will take you through the Austrian lake district where parts of the opening scene where filmed, then on to the âSound of Musicâ wedding cathedral in Mondsee where the wedding of Maria and Baron von Trapp was filmed. Return to your accommodations at the end of your day
Inclusions for Private Tour: Eagle's Nest And World Famous Movie Locations From Salzburg
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Tour: Eagle's Nest And World Famous Movie Locations From Salzburg
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.