Private Tour: El Brujo Archeological Complex - Trujillo
OverviewTake a private tour from Trujillo to El Brujo Archeological Complex with your own private guide, and enjoy a glimpse into the lives of the Moche civilization, who inhabited northern Peru from the 1st to 8th centuries. See El Brujos three main temples and learn about the role of each, and be wowed at the on-site museum that houses a female mummy recently discovered at the archeological site. This private tour provides a more personalized experience.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAfter you are picked up at your Trujillo hotel by your private guide, your El Brujo experience begins with the 1-hour drive northwest to the archeological complex.
When you arrive, take a 2-hour tour of the site with your guide, who will give you all kinds of information about the history and current state of the ruins and tell you about the Moche people, who built El Brujo between the years 1 and 600 AD. Learn about the three huacas (temples) that make up the site Huaca Cao Viejo, Huaca Partida and Huaca Prieta and hear the theory behind the sites name, El Brujo (The Witch). Admire the detailed drawings and carvings that can be seen on the sides of the structures, and hear about the religious ceremonies that took place in the temples.
Then visit the on-site museum dedicated to the Lady of Cao, a female mummy just discovered in 2006. Excavated in a highly preserved state, the Lady of Cao is thought to have been an important woman, as she was found surrounded by extravagant jewelry and weapons. See the mummy and her treasures inside the museum before heading back to Trujillo with your guide.
Inclusions for Private Tour: El Brujo Archeological Complex
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Tour: El Brujo Archeological Complex
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.