Private Tour: Experience The Kolkata Durga Puja Festival
OverviewDurga Puja brings Kolkata to a fever pitchof colorful chaotic mayhem as it is thebiggest and the most celebrated holiday of the year. Gaininsight into the local customs and traditions of Bengalis through Durga Puja, the celebration in honor of the maternal essence of the divine Goddess Durga. Durga Puja 2016 begins on October 8thand goes on tillOctober 10th.Spice up your holiday by attending the most important socio-cultural event in the Bengali society and be sure to make memories to talk about for alifetime!
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Seasonal Offer
Know More about this tourDurga Puja is chiefly a religious festival out of all the festivals in India. An occasion of family reunion, the grand celebrations and above all the worship of Goddess Durga. The heart of the action is Kolkata. It is here that the Durga Puja celebrations are held in all its might. Durga Puja is all about traditional customs, feasting, culture,worship, fasting and in general a celebration of life. It is like one big party on the streets for five days that will leave you curious and amazed.
In the morning you will be picked up from your centrally located hotel in Kolkata for acity tour and a visit tothe Pandal (the temporary house of the goddess Durga). Your knowledgeable guide will take you for hopping the popular Durga Puja Pandals, which reflect the artistic mastery of Bengal. Innovation and imagination are displayed in conceptualization and materials used for construction.
While the priests recite the prayers in Sanskrit, men and women dressed up in traditional attires visit the pandals to worship the deity and offer anjalis (divine offering) thus deepening the spiritual bond of Goddess Durga and her devotees. Aarti with adhunuchidance is integral to the evening ritual. The fragrance ofdhoopfills the arena bringing with it a devotional fervor. The rhythmic recital of severaldhaksin unison creates an ambiance of enthusiastic celebration.
The guide will brief you about each and every act being performed on the stage in the pandals.No festival in India is complete without food. You can tastefinger-licking Kolkata street food, especially the mouth wateringMughlai paratha!
On the last day of Durga Puja,dashami, married women bid farewell to Maa Durga by applyingsindoorto her and each other thus overcoming the sadness of farewell. You can also head towards theghats to witness the emotional separation of Goddess Durga and her devotees.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Experience The Kolkata Durga Puja Festival
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking tour guide
- Mineral water
Exclusions for Private Tour: Experience The Kolkata Durga Puja Festival
- Gratuities (optional)
- Kolkata street food
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
A maximum of 8 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.