Private Tour: Fengjing Water Town And Peasant Painting Experience From Shanghai
OverviewSpend a day exploring the beautiful water town of Fengjing with your own private guide. Board a boat and cruise along the towns winding waterways; sample local delicacies; and discover the history and culture of the people of this quaint village. Youll have the unique opportunity to meet local artists and discover the longtime tradition of Jinshan peasant painting. Enjoy the flexibility of deciding your own schedule on this customizable private tour, all with the assistance of your knowledgeable private guide.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourAbout an hour away from the bustling Shanghai metropolis lies the quaint water town of Fengjing. On this full-day private tour, create your own sightseeing schedule with the help of your private guide and explore this hidden town to discover what makes its culture and history so unique.
Meet your guide in your Shanghai hotel and take the comfortable private transfer to the old town of Fengjing. Your guide will accompany you every step of the way, providing informative and interesting commentary about the town and offering suggestions so you can get the most out of your visit. (Please note that all food, activities and site entries will be at the customer's own expense.)
The entire day is yours to roam around the beautifully preserved age-old town. Walk along its well-known bridges, including the Zhihe Bridge of the Yuan Dynasty and the Ruihong Bridge of the Ming Dynasty. Interact with the locals and learn about the towns history of production and trade, from fabric and textiles to folk art.
Board a traditional boat and weave through the towns waterways, where you can witness the daily life of residents living by the riverside. Next, take a leisurely stroll on Shengchan Street to sample delicacies like millet wine, zhuangyuan cake (mooncake), Fengjing pork trotters (pigs feet) and dried bean curd.
Finally, discover the towns tradition of peasant painting, in which peasant artists take elements from other folk art such as indigo prints, embroidery, lanterns and murals, and transform them into one-of-a-kind art that depicts the humble life of a Fengjing local. Meet local artists on a studio visit and watch as they create works of art. If youd like, try your hand at making your own peasant painting with the help of a local painter.
After your one-of-a-kind experience in Fengjing, board a taxi with your guide to return to Shanghai.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Fengjing Water Town And Peasant Painting Experience From Shanghai
- Private tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Expert guidance through Fengjing
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation to Fengjing
Exclusions for Private Tour: Fengjing Water Town And Peasant Painting Experience From Shanghai
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Activities in Fengjing
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.