Private Tour: Fez Sightseeing Tour - Fes
OverviewExplore the architecture, culture and heritage of one of Moroccos most vibrant cities on this private, full-day tour of Fez. Follow your personal guide through the narrow streets and bustling souks of Fezs UNESCO World Heritagelisted Old Town. Watch traditional Moroccan potters at their kilns and take in panoramic city views from the Borj Sud. Discover the Zaouia Moulay Idriss II a shrine dedicated to 9th-century ruler Moulay Idriss II. Soak up the atmosphere in Souk el Attarine and admire traditional ceramics and brassware at the Dar Batha Museum.
- All entrance fees included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourFollowing a morning pickup from your accommodation in Fez, meet your private guide and hop aboard your air-conditioned vehicle. Widely considered the jewel in Moroccos crown, Fez is a city crammed with ancient history and vibrant culture.
First, drive out via the Mechouar to the esplanade of Dar el-Makhzen Fezs royal palace. Admire its seven grand gates of cedar and bronze, then continue to the mighty Borj Sud, built by Sultan Ahmed al-Mansur in the 16th century.
Head onward through Fezs ancient medina, a UNESCO-listed site considered by many to be the citys biggest draw. Follow your private guide on foot down narrow lanes and past covered bazaars, and discover the University of al-Karaouine, a place of academic and religious study believed to be the oldest of its kind in the world.
Wander through the vibrant Souk el-Attarine, where craftspeople and food vendors jostle for trade. From here, take in the Al-Attarine Madrasa a 14th-century center of Islamic study and the traditional leather tanneries on the banks of the Oued Fes River.
Admire the Zaouia Moulay Idriss II a shrine dedicated to 9th-century ruler Moulay Idriss II and listen as your private guide talks of the role this ancient leader played in Moroccos fortunes. Head on to Nejjarine Square with its beautiful wall fountain and enjoy lunch at your leisure at one of the cafes nearby (own expense). Afterward, visit the Dar Batha Museum, home to an impressive collection of Moroccan arts and crafts including brassware, ceramics and musical instruments.
Hop back into your vehicle at Bab Boujloud one of the mighty gateways into the Old Town and travel out to the 16th-century potters quarter, where traditional Moroccan artists work at their kilns. Browse the stall for souvenirs at your leisure, then head on to the 16th-century Saadian watchtower of Borj Nord, where further fine views over Fezs bustling Old Town await.
The Jnan Sbil Gardens(formerly the Bou Jeloud Gardens),on the north-western edge of the Medina has palms,eucalyptus,weeping willows,citrus trees and bamboo.
The Park was opened to the public by Moulay Hassan in the 19th Century.
Jnane Sbil encompasses 7.5 hectars and is located in the heart of City,it is one of the oldest gardens in Fes,Because of its historical importance ,great care wasa taken to restore The Jnan Sbil garden to its .
Original design and after four years of detailed restoration and renovation of the herloom plants,the hydraulic systems and the Famous water wheel ,the projet was completed and re-opened in June 2010( open every day except on Monday).
After eight hours exploring the alleyways, landmarks and souks of Fez, travel back to your accommodation where your guided visit of Fez will come to an end.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Fez Sightseeing Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Transport by private minivan
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: Fez Sightseeing Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not suitable for children under 6 years old
A moderate amount of walking is involved; please wear appropriate shoes
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Fez Medina 4-Hour Guided Walking Tour
- Private Arrival Transfer Fez Airport to Hotel
- Private Departure Transfer Fez Hotel to Airport
- Private Tour: Meknes and Volubilis Day Trip from Fez
- 3 days tour to Morocco departure from Costa Del Sol
- 5 days tour to Morocco departure from Costa Del Sol
- 7 days tour to Morocco and Costa Del Sol - Special Package from Costa Del Sol