Private tour from Bucharest with hotel Pick Up and Drop Off
Bucharest - Peles Castle - Bran Castle - Rasnov Fortress - Bucharest.
Duration around 10 -12 hours. Private group size 7 people max. Your guide will pick you up at 9 am from your hotel in Bucharest. He will lead you to the car while presenting the trip plan.
Our first destination is the tourist town of Sinaia, where Peles Castle is located. Arrive in Sinaia, once exclusive aristocratic resort, where we visit Peles Castle, the summer residence of the former Romanian royal family. Peles Castle is one of the most beautiful museums in Romania and was built in almost 40 years by King Charles 1.
We continue our trip to famous Bran Castle. To get there we must go trough Prahova Valley, leaving behind elegant mountain resorts Predeal, Azuga and Busteni which are continuously attracting a high number of Romanian and foreign tourists, on the road that that crosses the whirling Prahova River. Breathtaking natural beauty are opened in front of your eyes but the most spectacular view is from Busteni where you can admire the highest peaks of Bucegi Mountains: Caraiman Peak ,Costila Peak and Omu Peak.
Also called Dracula's Castle, it is situated at the entrance of Bran-Rucar pass. A remarkable architectural, the monument was built between 1377-1382 on a rock 60 m.
After Bran Castle visit, head to a local restaurant for lunch of fresh salads, traditional soups, delicious sarmale, meat, chicken, vegetables and other regional fare (drinks and meals at own expense). Traditional lunch can be arranged in Bran village.
Later in this tour we travel, to the town which, besides Rasnov picturesque streets with medieval houses disorderly arranged, will enchant you with its gorgeous Rasnov Fortress.
Rasnov Fortress is one of the best preserved peasant fortress of Transylvania and was built in 13-14 centuries by the inhabitants of the settlement with the same name.
Your full-day tour ends with return transport to your hotel in Bucharest City.
- Brasov to Peles Castle 50 minutes driving.
- Visit Peles Castle for 1 hour 15 min including the standard tour and time allocated for taking pictures.
- Peles Castle to Bran Castle 50 minutes driving.
- Visit Bran Castle for about 1 hour including the time for taking pictures. Your guide will lead lead you to the best spots!
- Bran village to Rasnov Fortress 20 minutes driving.
- Visit Rasnov Fortress ( around 1 hour ).
- Rasnov Fortress to Brasov town 20 minutes driving.
- Peles Castle is closed in November every year. You will visit Pelisor Castle instead.
- Medium hiking, good shoes recommended.
- Transfer back to your hotel in Bucharest.
- During the summer, official holidays and weekends the traffic might be busy than usual.