Private Tour: Full-Day Altamira Road Agritourism Experience From MendozaWrite a Review
From USD 266
OverviewEnjoy the countryside lifestyle and hearing the secrets of its residents and local producers. On this 7-hour agritourism circuit by bicycle, on foot and by "sulky" (special horse seats), visit local producers, get a taste of fieldwork on the ranches, enjoy a live show and participate in the production of handmade foods. Multiple ranch visits, professional guide, wine tasting, lunch and hotel pickup and drop-off are included.
- Hotel pickup included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourAfter pickup at your hotel, you will head to the local service providers' office to receive your bicycle and begin your tour around 10am. With your guide, you will enjoy 3 mile (5 kilometer) bike ride to Maitenes.
Upon arrival at Maitenes, meet a group of rural residents who will assist you in preparing an amazing bread which provides you with a view of their cooking culture. Susana, one of the residents, will share information about her life in the vineyard while we learn the secrets of her bread. While here, you will also enjoy a delicious breakfast in her gallery.
Head to the region of Gertrudis where you will take part in a hands-on experience preparing regional foods such as challa, meat pot, chivo, “empanadas” and sopapillas, accompanied by tasty fruits and excellent wines. Notice the value of homemade recipes that have been passed down from one generation to the next. In addition, you will head outside to perform activities like watering, tying, pruning and harvesting mostly cherries, peaches, pears, apples and grapes, which will allow you to get a real feel for daily life in the Mendoza oasis with the Mirada family.
In the late morning, spend about 1-hour visiting Appon Winery to savor a wine tasting hosted by local experts who have made sacrifices and put their soul into their wine-making. Continue onto El Melocoton Ranch, where various types of outdoor activities are offered: hiking, trekking, bird watching, horseback riding and sulky and craft workshops. Take advantage of these activities if you wish or wander the ranch with its picturesque mountain views.
For lunch, you will enjoy a typical meal and enjoy a unique show at the traditional pulperia (local bar), "Los Abuelos." Around mid-afternoon, you will make handmade wood and Huarpe pottery in Wilka Nina.
Upon completion of the tour, you will transfer to your hotel in central Mendoza.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Full-Day Altamira Road Agritourism Experience From Mendoza
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of bicycle
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour: Full-Day Altamira Road Agritourism Experience From Mendoza
- Gratuities (optional)
- Wine tasting
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.