Private Tour: Full-Day Bhojpur And Bhimbetika Tour From Bhopal
OverviewJoin us for this unique private full-day tour and visit the famous Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka and Bhojeshwar Temple. Bhimbetka is the site of 700 rock shelters belonging to the Neolithic age and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Bhojpur is the site of a Sun Temple with the largest Shiv Lingams in India. Learn the history of Bhopal while being amazed by the ancient architecture and beautiful view.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
Know More about this tourPick up from your Bhopal city hotel at 9:00 am and proceed to Bhimbetka and Bhojpur. Bhimbetka is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and lies about 50 km away from Bhopal (approx. 1 hour).
Bhimbetka is known for the 700 rock shelters belonging to the Neolithic age. It was granted the UNESCO World Heritage Site status in 2003. The highlight here are the paintings on the walls of the caves which depict the life of the pre-historic cave-dwellers. It is mind-boggling to know that Bhimbetka is the site of earliest human dwellings dating back to 35,000 years (yes, 35,000 not 3,500!). The caves are so old that they span from the late Stone Age to the early historic period. The inhabitants of these caves over the years had created their own stone floors. A variety of implements & tools that were used at that time can be made our from the paintings - including hand-axes, cleavers and scrapers to remove flesh and fat from the skin of slaughter animals and the colored earth called "Ochers". There are paintings of even stone hand mills for grinding grain and nuts.
The paintings in these rock shelters give a good insight into the feelings of humans at that time – their aspirations an fears. Even though their expressions are crude in nature, one can make out scenes of domestic life – including a woman with a child or performing household chores. The other side of humans can be seen in the paintings of raids during warfare and hunting of animals. Among animals one can see outlines of what look like horse, elephant, rhino & other domesticated animals. These cave paintings help us in understanding and bridging the gap between our ancestors and us.
Then proceed to Bhojpur that lies between Bhopal and Bhibetka located about 25 km away. It has an unfinished sun temple called the Bhojeshwar Temple which has the largest Shiv Lingams in India. Although the temple itself looks like a ruin, it is frequented by devotees. The temple is at a slight height, and its location affords a view of neighboring area for quite some distance.
On completion of the tour, you will be taken back to Bhopal city and dropped off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Full-Day Bhojpur And Bhimbetika Tour From Bhopal
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Bhopal city
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Carbon offset certificate
Exclusions for Private Tour: Full-Day Bhojpur And Bhimbetika Tour From Bhopal
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Group discount is available for group size of 2+ and 4+
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.