Private Tour: Full-Day City Tour In Ahmedabad With Akshardham
OverviewAhmedabad, also known as Amdavad, is the largest city and former capital of Gujarat State. It was built by Sultan Ahmed Shah to serve as his capital in 1411 A.D. You will visit Jama Maszid, Sidi Saiyed's Mosque, Hathee Singh Jain Temple, Sabarmati ashram, Adalaj Stepwell and Akshardham temple.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Buffet lunch included
Know More about this tourYou will be greeted by your guide in Ahmedabad hotel at 9:00am and start your tour with a visit to the Masjid-i Jahn-Num, commonly known as Jama Masjid of Delhi. The Jama Masjid of Delhi is the largest mosque in India and was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan between 1644 -1656 on 1 million rupees. It was inaugurated by imam from Bukhara (Uzbekistan in present day).
Then you will visit Siddi Siyed Mosque as one of the most famous mosques of Ahmedabad built in 1573. It was built by Sidi Saiyyed, an Abyssinian in the retinue of Bilal Jhajar Khan, a General in the army of the last Sultan Shams-ud-Din Muzaffar Shah III of the Gujarat Sultanate. From here you will visit Hathee Singh Jain Temple. The construction of the temple originally was initiated by Shet Hathisinh Kesarisinh, a wealthy Ahmedabad trader. The construction was supervised and completed by his wife Shethani Harkunvar after his death.
After you will visit Gandhi Ashram (Sabarmati Ashram), which is located in the Sabarmati suburb of Ahmedabad on the banks of the River Sabarmati. This was one of the residences of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, generally known as Mahatma Gandhi, who lived here for about twelve years along with his wife Kasturba Gandhi. You will also see some Ashram attractions, such as Magan Niwas, Upasana Mandir (Prathana Bhoomi) and Hriday Kunj.
At 1:00pm you will make a stop at the popular restaurant Agashiye (or similar) for lunch. After lunch at 1:30pm you will proceed to Adalaj Stepwell to see unique Hindu "water building" in the village of Adalaj. The 5-story deep step-well was built in 1499 by the Muslim king Mohammed Begda for Queen Rani Roopba, wife of Veer Singh, the Vaghela chieftain. The step-wells were once integral to the semiarid regions of Gujarat as they provided basic water needs for drinking, washing and bathing. These wells were also venues for colorful festivals and sacred rituals.
Then you will visit Akshardham Temple, a Swaminarayan temple complex. The complex displays millennia of traditional Hindu and Indian culture, spirituality, and architecture. Your journey will come to an end at 4:30pm and be transferred back to you hotel in Ahmedabad.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Full-Day City Tour In Ahmedabad With Akshardham
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within Ahmedabad city limits
- Entrance fees to all attractions as per itinerary
- Professional English-speaking guide
- All necessary transportation to/from site attractions
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Private Tour: Full-Day City Tour In Ahmedabad With Akshardham
- Tips (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Group discount is available for group size of 2+, 4+, or 8
No strict dress code is enforced at tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; spaghetti straps and short shorts are not recommended
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen with hats or scarf for ladies are highly recommended
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mahatma or Mohandas, Who Was Gandhi : A Tour to Sabarmati Ashram
- The City of Vegetarians: Ahmedabad's Street Food
- Dinner with a Local Family in Ahmedabad
- A day trip to Modhera Sun Temple and Patan Stepwell
- Full DAY AHMEDABAD SIGHTSEEING TOUR
- Private Half-Day Sightseeing Tour of Ahmedabad
- A Visit to The Rare Indian Wild Donkey - A Jeep Safari
- Guided Walk through Old Town Ahmedabad of Unique Pols including Private Transfer