Private Tour: Full-Day Kolkata City Tour Of Victoria Memorial, Howrah Bridge And Tonga RideWrite a Review
OverviewKolkata, also known as the "City of Joy", is a city that beautifully embodies the Indian native traditions with the ghosts of its colonial past and now is slowly moving to reform itself in the lines of a modern India. The city was the first capital of the British who ruled India for 200 years. Thus, it has a lot of structures that were built during the time of the British rule in India. Visit the famous Victoria Memorial and Howrah Bridge and take a Tonga Ride to the St. Johns Church. You will also enjoy the delicious Bengali cuisine for lunch!
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Vegetarian meal option available
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up at your hotel in Kolkata at 9:45 am and start the day with a mouthwatering breakfast at your own expense. Later go for an enchanting tour to explore the wonders of the famous City of Joy – Kolkata.
The first stop is the monumental symbol of Kolkata – Victoria Memorial. Victoria Memorial is designed by Sir William Emerson as an example of Indo-Saracenic style. The architecture of Victoria has elements from the Mughals that adds to the elegance of the structure. The beautiful garden was designed by Lord Redesdale and Sir David Prain. This special memorial was established to honor Queen Victoria. In the year 1906, the foundation stone was laid down to support this beautiful structure. Now this epitome of elegance is converted into a stunning museum.
The adventure continues with an exciting Tonga ride, a heritage ride along the VIP circle area. Drive by the St. John’s Church, one of the first architectural wonders created by the British. It was initially a cathedral, but now it is converted into a church. Later visit the St. Paul’s Cathedral. It is a beautiful structure initiated by Bishop Daniel Wilson established in the year 1839. It was designed by a famous engineer of that time – Major William Niam Forbes and was assisted by C. k. Robinson. It was heavily influenced by the tower and the shrine of the Norwich Cathedral. In 1934, a major earthquake effected Kolkata and the tower was badly affected. The tower was then rebuilt keeping the structure Harry tower of Canterbury Cathedral. In the year 1874, St. Paul’s was consecrated.
Enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant followed by a visit to the symbol of Kolkata – Howrah Bridge. The bridge connects two major cities of West Bengal – Howrah and Kolkata. The area around Howrah Bridge is the house of two major places – Mullik Ghat and a colorful flower market. Finally, visit the famous South Park Street Cemetery. In the 19thcentury, it was marked as one of the largest Christian cemetery outside America and Europe. It was first established in 1767 and in use till the year 1830. When the tour ends, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Kolkata.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Full-Day Kolkata City Tour Of Victoria Memorial, Howrah Bridge And Tonga Ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Buffet lunch
- Local guide
- Transport by private air-conditioned minivan
- Tonga ride at Victoria Memorial
Exclusions for Private Tour: Full-Day Kolkata City Tour Of Victoria Memorial, Howrah Bridge And Tonga Ride
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Group discount is available
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.