Private Tour: Full-day Majestic Senaru Tour - LombokWrite a Review
OverviewTake in the fascinating sights of the Seanru region of Lombok on this full-day tour. Follow your English-speaking guide as they provide insight into the local life and culture of the area. Your private tour is limited to 5 people which will ensure you have uninterrupted personal service. Enjoy a unique glimpse of the area surrounding the Mount Rinjani volcano complete with lunch, hotel pickup and drop-off, and an optional vehicle upgrade.
- Get inside tips from a local
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Lunch included
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Without any doubt, the craters of Lombokâs Mount Rinjani have a major pull towards customers seeking an adventurous fill-in of their excursion needs on this tropical island. The immense crater with its lake inside can often be seen from various spots on Lombok. At the base and partially constructed on the slopes of this volcano lies the town of Senaru â the perfect starting point to get acquainted with the fertile surroundings and the folk tales and stories of mystery by the local people.
You will be picked up from your hotel between 6am-7:30am to head to Senaru. There will be plenty to see and do during your 2-hour journey to this town. First, the Baun Pusuk is home to hundreds of monkeys, eagerly awaiting your arrival in hopes of trading photos for peanuts or bananas. These tricky monkeys may try to grab dangling objects (glasses, purses, shawls, and even earrings) so it is suggested that you dress accordingly and take precaution. Your will then head up the northern coastline to Wihara, a Buddhist monastery in a predominately Muslim enclave. It comes quite clear that both religions live in harmony on Lombok once you arrive at this center of education and spiritualism. Depending on the day, you may be able to visit the Buddhist school next to the temple where children are taught about Buddha's teachings as well as some basic English. Gifts such as pens, pencils, and notebooks are very welcome as the school depends solely on donations. In return, you may walk out knowing some Indonesian words!
You will finally arrive in Senaru village and immediately head for a walk in the Rinjani National Park. Your guide for the afternoon will be a local villagerÂ who eagerly wants to show you the holistic means of walking through the bamboo groves as well as introduce you to the various irrigation systems and plantations. Your view is one of indescribable beauty so keep your camera close and ready to capture it all. This leisurely trek moves deeper into the rain forest and will find the famous local waterfalls of Sendang Gile and Tui Kelep. Matching perfectly with the surroundings, a locally-prepared Senaru lunch is served at a local restaurant and there will be ample time for you to spend on your own before arriving at the final part of this wonderful day. You will continue to follow the base of Mount Rinjani to the tranquil Sembalun Valley, connected to the eastern slopes of the volcano. Authentic Sasak tribes call this home and have continued to honor the traditions of their ancestors through today. Filled with impressions and new experiences, you will be taken back on to your hotel with an expected arrival time of 6pm.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Full-day Majestic Senaru Tour
- Private tours and transfers with driver and English speaking guide from selective beaches and regions only (Senggigi & Mataram only)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Senggigi and Mataram only)
- Lunch at local restaurant (food only)
- All entrance fees and activities
- All taxes and service fees included
- English-speaking guide
Exclusions for Private Tour: Full-day Majestic Senaru Tour
- Food unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of Senggigi and Mataram (available for $25 for guests staying in Oberoi Lombok, Novotel Lombok, Tugu Hotel Lombok, or arriving/departing from the island's harbors or Lombok International Airport)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes and light clothing suitable for tropical climates
It is recommended that you bring sun glasses and a hat/cap as well as strong sunscreen
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum age is 2 years
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking; however, these are subject to availability based on choice of local restaurant
A small amount of walking is involved
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.