Private Tour: Full Day Mount Popa And Villages From Old BaganWrite a Review
From USD 121.3
OverviewJoin this private day tour to explore Mount Popa, an extinct volcano with spectacular view located about 4900ft (1500m) high and around 30 miles (50km) from Bagan. You will have time to climb the 777 steps to the shrine at the top of the peak. During the journey back, we will stop at a typical local village as well as toddy palm plantations.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Lunch included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourFrom your hotel in Old Bagan your guide and driver head to Mount Popa, approximately 30miles (50km) outside of Bagan which will take around 1.5 hours by car. The extinct volcano can already be seen from a distance with its pagodas and stupas towering majestically on top.
Mount Popa is dedicated to animist spirits known as ‘nats’ and you will have time to climb the 777 steps to the shrine at the top of the peak. At the foot of mountain, you could observe Nat Shrine contains a display of mannequin like figures representing the 37 Nat and is a major pilgrimage destination. There will be the opportunity to explore the fascinating monasteries, stupas and shrine that abound plus of course enjoy the dramatic and mammoth-size view back across the Myingyan Plain.
Lunch is included at the Mount Popa Resort before you make your way back in the direction of Bagan. On the way back, a stop will be made at a local palm tree plantation. This relaxing break will give you the chance to observe local working life with Palm trees.
Just outside Bagan lies the local village of Zee O, where you can also observe how the villagers there preserving their Sacred Forest of 16 hectares covered with over 600 Ingyinn trees (Shorea Siamensis). The Ingyinn trees are on the IUCN’s (International Union for Conservation of Nature) Red List of Threatened Species; a valuable hardwood prized by many of its durability and beauty. The forest is under the protection of Myanmar Forestry Department. The villagers do not dare to take out even one small branch or leave for the fear of “the two guardian spirits” which inhabit the forest. Meet with the village head who will be happy to escort you walking inside the forest.
After that, it is also interesting to visit the village’s library and the clinic to see how they are operated for the village and nearby villages around. The village landmark a thousand year old Tamarind tree has been well preserved and deserves a photo stop.
We return back to your hotel at around 6pm.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Full Day Mount Popa And Villages From Old Bagan
- Lunch (set menu)
- Entrance fees
- Walking tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Old Bagan hotels only)
Exclusions for Private Tour: Full Day Mount Popa And Villages From Old Bagan
- Drinks and beverages
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are not included in the service and supplements are applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are not included in the service and supplements are applied
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Dress code is smart casual
All sales related to this product are final and non-refundable. In case you wish to cancel the reservation you will be charged 100% cancellation fees.
You might also like
- Pre/Post Cruise Private Sightseeing City Tour - Abu Dhabi
- Ayutthaya Temples Tour - Private Basis
- Visit To Pattaya Tower With Tower Jump & Lunch
- Tiger Kingdom Phuket
- Dolphins Bay Phuket
- Sanctuary Of Truth - Pattaya
- Bollywood Tour - Mumbai
- Snorkeling At Koh Rok With Lunch
- Airport Diamond Marhaba Service - Dubai
- Private City Tour & High Tea Emirates Palace Combo