Private Tour: Full-Day Muziris Heritage Museum In KochiWrite a Review
OverviewYou will visit North Paravur and Kodungallur Taluks with various protected monuments at the Muziris Heritage Site (MHS). It stretches across the two municipalities of North Paravur in Ernakulam District to that of Kodungallur in Thrissur District. There has been a large number of pilgrims visiting the temples, churches and mosques in the area during the festivals, but very few tourists have visited the protected monuments. We will visit Paliyam Palace, Paliam Nalukett, Paradesi Synagogue and more.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Buffet lunch included
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at hotel lobby in Kochi at 9:30am and leave for Chendamangalam or sometimes called Chennamangalam. Chendamangalam is a small town and a panchayat in Paravur Taluk in the state of Kerala. Visit Paliyam Palace at 11:30am. The Paliath Achans were hereditary Prime Ministers to the Rajah of Kingdom of Kochi from 1632 to 1809 and second only to the Rajah in power and wealth in the central Kochi area during that period.
After the palace we will visit Paliam Nalukettu at 12:00 noon. The main family tharavadu (Naalukettu) is approximately 450 years old. You will see the Kovilakam that houses a large number of artifacts, including ancient documents, religious sacraments, swords, rifles, and gifts brought by foreign dignitaries.
Afterwards we will visit Paravur Synagogue and the market. The building is located on a former Jewish Street of the Paravur region. It served as the place of worship for the Jewish community and located very close to the Paravur Market. We will explore the complex of two buildings - the double storied entrance building and the main synagogue separated by an open space.
After the sightseeing tour enjoy a delicious lunch at 1:30pm in hotel North Paravur. After the lunch we continue to Gothuruth Church and Chavittunadakam performing center at 2:30pm following a visit to Cherai Beach located in Paravur Taluk. At the end of your journey at 6:00pm, sit back and relax on the drive back to your hotel in Kochi.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Full-Day Muziris Heritage Museum In Kochi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within Kochi City limits
- Lunch at Decent Hotel or a similar restaurant
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to all attractions
- All required transportation to/from site attractions
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Private Tour: Full-Day Muziris Heritage Museum In Kochi
- Tips (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This private tour operates with a maximum of 8 people
Group discount is available for group size of 2, 4 or more
No strict dress code is enforced at tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; spaghetti straps and short shorts are not recommended
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen with hats or scarf for ladies are highly recommended
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.