Private Tour: Full-day Sasak Tour And Horse Cart Riding - Lombok
OverviewJoin your guide and discover the culture of the Sasak, Lombok's inhabitants, on this 8-hour private tour. See the local handicraft and art that has withstood the test of time and remains a main source of income. Take a ride on a horse-drawn carriage for an authentic immersion into this rich culture before enjoying lunch in a local restaurant.
- Get inside tips from a local
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up from your Senggigi or Mataram hotel (other regions available for pickup for an additional fee) around 7am-7:30am. Your guide and driver for the day will take you to your first stop of the day, the Kediri Traditional Market. This is one of the best places to see the locals going about their business - trade here has not changed in centuries so what you see here will be as it has been for generations. At the end of the market, you will hop on a 'cidomo', a horse-drawn carriage that is a popular means of travel to reach the nearby village.
Your cidomo will end at Banyumulek village, the center for pottery on Lombok. Skilled artists still use the ancient techniques in turning clay into daily household objects. From here, you will head to the weaving village of Sukarare where you can admire the creation of stunning, brightly-patterned songkets, ikat, and clothes for sarongs while your guide explains the various functions of each of the fabrics. Finally, you will see the village of Sade, one of the more unique places on the island that preserves the indigenous culture of the Sasak people.
From here, you will head to Kuta Beach, offering pristine white beaches lining the waters of the Lombok Strait. Lunch will be served here at a local restaurant where you can relax and admire the scenery. You will then take a trip to see the Mayura Water Palace. Close to 400 years old, this palace houses the King's former family temple and is proclaimed a holy pilgrimage site for the Hindus living on Lombok. After leaving the palace compound, you will be returned to your hotel around 4pm.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Full-day Sasak Tour And Horse Cart Riding
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Senggigi & Mataram only)
- Lunch at local restaurant (food only)
- Horse cart ride
- All entrance fees and activities, where applicable
- All taxes and service fees included
- Private tour
- Transportation to/from attractions
Exclusions for Private Tour: Full-day Sasak Tour And Horse Cart Riding
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of Senggigi and Mataram (pickup from Oberoi Lombok, Novotel Lombok, Tugu hotel Lombok, the airport or harbor is available for an additional $25)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is strongly recommended to bring sunscreen (with a high SPF), sunglasses, and a hat/cap
There is a small amount of walking involved
Please advise of any dietary requirements upon booking; however, these are subject to availability and the choice of local restaurant
A minimum of 2 passengers per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Countryside Trekking
- Private Tour: Full-Day Lombok Island Hopping Tour
- Full-Day Private North Lombok Highlands, Waterfalls and Volcanoes Tour
- THE NEW THREE GILI'S
- SASAK CLASSIC TOUR
- Mount Rinjani Summit 3D2N
- 3-Day Mt Rinjani Volcano Trekking Tour from Lombok
- 2-Day Mt Rinjani Beginner Trekking Tour from Lombok