Private Tour: Full-Day Shanghai With LunchWrite a Review
Enjoy the perfect introduction to Shanghai, ancient and modern, on this 8.5-hour private guided tour. You'll visit the 16th-century Yuyuan Garden with its vibrant bazaar, stroll along the iconic Bund and inhale views of the Shanghai skyline, tour the Shanghai Museum, soak up the atmosphere at the Jade Buddha Temple, and feast on a Shanghai-style lunch.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Lunch included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Your private guide will collect you from your downtown Shanghai hotel at 8:30am – you can, of course, start your tour from other locations in Shanghai, but a surcharge may apply.
Your first stop will be the Yuyuan Garden, set in the heart of bustling Shanghai. The Ming Dynasty governor Pan Yunduan spent almost twenty years and almost all his savings to build this garden to please his parents in their old age. It's still a place of special serenity, with its network of ponds, bridges, pavilions, weeping willows, and secluded alcoves, the perfect contrast to the vibrant bazaar outside.
From here, it's just 15 minutes to Shanghai's infamous The Bund, the mile-long (1500-meter) promenade along the Huangpu River that's rich in colonial architecture. Admire landmarks including the Oriental Pearl TV Tower and the Shanghai Tower across the river in Pudong as you stroll along the waterfront, while your guide points out iconic buildings and explains their history.
Break for a typical Shanghainese lunch at a local restaurant before your next stop, the Shanghai Museum, just a short drive away. With a collection of well over 120,000 artefacts and artworks, it's a must-visit when in Shanghai. Your guide will lead you through highlights of the collection, which spans ancient Chinese bronze, ceramics, painting, calligraphy, and jade.
It's another short drive to the Jade Buddha Temple. Built in 1882 to preserve two priceless jade statues of the Buddha, which a monk named Huigen brought from Myanmar, it has an old-time aura and classical architecture that's rare amid the modernity of Shanghai. Soak up the atmosphere here and learn about Chinese religion before you drive back to your hotel, arriving around 5;00 p.m.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Full-Day Shanghai With Lunch
- Entrance fees
- Private guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Tour: Full-Day Shanghai With Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pickup and drop-off from alternate locations (e.g. airport, sea/river ports, train station, etc.) or outside Shanghai city center (surcharge applicable; payable directly)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.