Private Tour: Golden Temple And Wagah Border In Amritsar
OverviewStart Amritsar city tour with your private car and guide with the blessings of Golden Temple. It is the most important Sikh temple that is also called Mecca because Sikhs is a living symbol of the spiritual and historical traditions of the Sikhs. We will also visit Jallianwala Bagh where reminds every Indian of the brutal and heartless history in the past. Followed by visit to Durgiana Temple where you will see a partial replica of the Golden Temple. After a special lunch with a local family, you will visit the Indo-Pak Wagah Border to watch Flag Retreat Ceremony, an army outpost on Indo-Pak that happens a couple hours before sunset everyday.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Comprehensive tour of the city
Know More about this tourYou guide will pick you up from your hotel in Amritsar at 9.00 am by a private car and drive to Golden Temple. Set amid a pool of holy water and visitors and devotees from all faiths are welcome. Your guide will show you a glimpse of the Sikh temple tradition of offering daily Guru-Ka-Langar, a free community meal that began in the 16th century. As you watch the community kitchen feed up with over 10,000 people, learn about the Sikh principle of equality and practice of eating together.
At 11.00 am visit the Jallianwala Bagh located about a quarter mile from the Golden Temple. It is a memorial that commemorates the sacrifices of hundreds of men, women and children who were victims of ruthless firing during Jallianwala Bagh Massacre. You will learn more about India's history while enjoying the beautiful park. Afterwards we will visit Durgiana Temple, a partial replica of the Golden Temple. The Durgiana Temple is situated outside the Lohgarh Gate and dedicated to the Goddess Durga frequented by devout Hindus.
At 12:30 noon you can go for lunch (own expense) as per your preference.
Leave at 2.00 pm for Wagah Border (Indo-Pak Border). En-route brief stopover at Sarhad Resturant for a photo session for India Pak friendship. Wagah Border, The final frontier, around 28 km from Amritsar is the only border crossing between India and Pakistan. Watch from the Gallery, you will experience the Retreat Ceremony that takes place on the Indian Side of the Border. The changing of the guards and the ceremonial lowering of the flags ceremony is carried out with Great Spirit. We will leave around 5.30 pm and transfer you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Golden Temple And Wagah Border In Amritsar
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Amritsar
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: Golden Temple And Wagah Border In Amritsar
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour operates with a maximum of 8 people
No strict dress code is enforced at tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; spaghetti straps and short shorts.not recommended
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen with hats or scarf for ladies are highly recommended
Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.