OverviewAmritsar, meaning the pool of the nectar of Immortality, is a part of the great Indian multifarious spiritual tradition but stands luminescent as an institution in itself. Deriving its name from the legends of knowledge, healing and spiritual immortality in the pool surrounding the Golden Temple, Amritsar is a paradoxical landmark on the terrains of North India.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up at your hotel in Amritsar around 09:00 AM and transported to the Golden Temple (Harmandir Sahib) with your English-speaking tour guide. The Golden Temple is a prominent Sikh Gurdwara built by the fifth Sikh guru, Guru Arjan in the 16th Century. After Golden Temple, visit Jallianwala Bagh, a public garden that houses a memorial of national importance, established in 1951 to commemorate the massacre by British occupying forces.
After Jallianwala Bagh explore Hall Bazar and other local bazaars. Later enjoy your Lunch at a local restaurant. After some relaxation around 3 PM drive to Wagah Border for the evening beating retreat ceremony. Wagah border post has become famous for the ceremonial closing of gates and lowering of flags of India and Pakistan. When the ceremony reaches a crescendo, the soldiers return to the border line for the final handshake and afterwards no glance is exchanged and the gates are close. Watch the ceremony from the VIP or foreigner gallery (Indian Passport holder Not eligible for VIP Entry, they have to sit in common gallery). When the ceremony ends, you will be taken back to your hotel in Amritsar.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Golden Temple, Jallianwala Bagh And Evening Wagah Border Beating Retreat Ceremony
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Amritsar
- Entrance fees
- Driver/Local guide
Exclusions for Private Tour: Golden Temple, Jallianwala Bagh And Evening Wagah Border Beating Retreat Ceremony
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Group discount is available
Indian Passport holder Not eligible for VIP Entry, they have to sit in common gallery
Passenger must need to carry his ID proof.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.