Private Tour: Grossglockner Glacier Tour From Salzburg
OverviewTravel from Salzburg to Austrias highest peak, topped by the countrys largest glacier, on this private full-day tour. Learn about the regions history as you travel along the scenic Grossglockner High Alpine Road to Grossglockner mountain, where you'll get up close to the dazzling Pasterze glacier. Your exact itinerary can be customized to your interests.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at your Salzburg hotel, then hop inside a private car or minivan and begin your day trip with a scenic drive from the valley up to the Grossglockner High Alpine Road. Listen as your guide reveals the thousands of years of history centered along this road, once one of the Alps most important trading routes.
Admire the approaching Alpine peaks as you arrive at Hohe Tauern National Park. At the Kaiser-Franz Josephs Hhe base, gaze up at Austrias highest mountain peak, Grossglockner, towering over the landscape at 12,460 feet (3,798 meters). Lying on the peaks eastern slope is the spectacular Pasterze glacier, the longest glacier in Austria and a striking force of nature.
Spend some time at the local museum, watching for birds and other wildlife or trekking to the glaciers edge (if youve donned the proper shoes). After taking in the scenery, journey back to Salzburg, where your tour concludes with a drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Grossglockner Glacier Tour From Salzburg
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Transport by private minivan or Mercedes-Benz E-Class
Exclusions for Private Tour: Grossglockner Glacier Tour From Salzburg
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Tour may not operate due to bad weather conditions on certain days.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Grand Salzburg City Tour including Hellbrunn Palace and 24 Hour Salzburg Card
- Dinner Experience at Salzburg Fortress and Mozart Concert in Salzburg
- Salzburg la Carte
- Private Half-Day Eagle's Nest Tour from Salzburg
- Private Tour: Eagle's Nest and World Famous Movie Locations from Salzburg
- Private Tour: Innsbruck and Swarovski Crystal Worlds from Salzburg