Private Tour: Guided Colosseum, Baths Of Caracalla And Circus Maximus Tour - Rome
OverviewVisit some of the massive archeological sites in Rome on this private, 3-hour tour of Caracallas Baths, Circus Maximus and the Colosseum. The Caracallas Baths ruin are a huge testimony of imperial Romes grandeur. This tour is the best way to understand how life was in the Roman Empire. A small walk from Caracalla you can visit Circus Maximus, the site of the Roman chariot races. Then you will move on to the Colosseum for a private tour inside to learn about ancient gladiator fights and more.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Led by an art historian
Know More about this tourYour private tour of Baths of Caracalla, Circus Maximus and Colosseum is the best way to get closer to the life of Roman Empire. The tour will give you the possibility to enter in some of the biggest examples of Romans genius. Your private guide will provide you all the stories and peculiarities of these monuments and will be at your disposal for your questions and curiosities. A pleasant walk through time.
The tour will start from the Baths of Caracalla, that were the second largest Roman public baths. They were built in Rome between AD 212 and 217, during the reigns of Septimius Severus and Caracalla, and capable to host more than 1500 bathers. The baths were more a leisure center than just a series of baths since they contain a library, a gym and gardens also. They are the best preserved baths in Rome and a masterpiece of Roman architecture keeping a halo of charm. Now visitors can see imposing vaulted rooms, domed octagons, porticoes and parts of the baths heating system along with large and remarkable fragments of fine polychrome floor-mosaics.
With a little walk you can reach Circus Maximus the site of the Roman chariots races, as probably you saw in Ben Hur film. Now you can see it as a large park area but it was the first and largest stadium in ancient Rome, it had an unbelievable capacity of more than 250,000 spectators who sat on long tiers of seats. The noticeable remains showing part of the structure of the curved East end.
From this area youll reach easily the Colosseum and will have your private visit inside one of the largest and famous monuments in the world. The Colosseum preserves the fascination and the air of mystery of Romes glory. Inside you will listen about the spectacular and incredible entertainments organized in the Colosseum. Discover the techniques of construction invented by the Romans, the incredible ability of the gladiators, the violent fighting between exotic animals and the high level of technology achieved by Roman engineers to build the Colosseum. You can explore the two main levels for the best inside and outside view over the Colosseum and the Arch of Constantine.
Your private walking tour will give you the possibility to explore the best monuments in Rome, know everything about the life of ancient Roman and get the best from Romes majesty.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Guided Colosseum, Baths Of Caracalla And Circus Maximus Tour
- Professional art historian guide
- Private tour
- Entrance fees (Colosseum and Caracalla's Bath)
Exclusions for Private Tour: Guided Colosseum, Baths Of Caracalla And Circus Maximus Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Suitable for the whole family
A maximum of 10 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Rome Pizza Walking Tour
- Skip The Line- Vatican Museums with St Peter's, Sistine Chapel and Small-Group Upgrade
- Day Excursion from Rome: Assisi and Orvieto with a Theologist Private Tour
- Shopping Tour Castel Romano Designer Outlet
- Pompeii and Naples - Private All Day Tour from Rome
- Skip the Line Private Tour: Vatican Museums and St Peter's Art History Walking Tour