Private Tour: Half Day Batu Caves Tour - Kuala Lumpur
OverviewStart your excursion with the visit of the Malaysian Batik Cottage as well as a short stop at the Royal Selangor Pewter factory. You will then proceed to the well-known Batu Caves, which has 272 steps to reach the shrine of the Hindu deity Lord Subramaniam and set within an outcrop of lime stone caves.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Get inside tips from a local
- Ideal choice for families
- Hotel pickup included
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourStart your excursion with the visit of the Malaysian Batik Cottage as well as a short stop at the Royal Selangor Pewter factory. You will then proceed to the well-known Batu Caves, which has 272 steps to reach the shrine of the Hindu deity Lord Subramaniam and set within an outcrop of lime stone caves.
The main Hindu festivals are celebrated every year at Batu Cave including Diwali or Deepavali, that celebrate the victory of light over darkness; and also since 1892, the festival of Thaipusam, one of the biggest celebration for Hinduism community from all over the world. During Thaipusam, the procession of the event actually begins from a Temple ("Maha Mariamman" Temple, the oldest one in Kuala Lumpur built in 1873) located in the city center of Kuala Lumpur, barely a street behind the ever busy China Town.
Batu cave remains the most interesting place outside of India to get a chance to observe and attend to the main celebrations of the Hindu community from India, Australia or Singapore. Hinduism remains a minority religion in Malaysia. An estimated 9% of the total population of Malaysia are ethnic Indians, of whom almost 89% are practicing Hinduism. Indian settlers came to Malaysia in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of these came to work as laborers on rubber plantations, while those who were English-educated occupied more professional positions.
This visit is not only a great opportunity to discover more about Hinduism traditions and beliefs, It is also a unique way to learn about the history of Malaysia and understand its multiculturalism.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Half Day Batu Caves Tour
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Driver/guide only (supplement for separate guide apply and are subject to availability)
Exclusions for Private Tour: Half Day Batu Caves Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Separate guide for this tour (supplements apply)
- Surcharges per tour for pickup and drop-off other than from city hotels (e.g. Cititel Mid Valley, The Gardens, Boulevard, Hilton Kuala Lumpur at KL Sentral, Le Meridien, etc.)
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports (such as the Port Klang Cruise terminal), train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Supplements apply during Malaysian Public Holidays
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
All tour pickups are from Kuala Lumpur city hotels only. A surcharge will be imposed for pick-up other than from city hotels
Hotel pickup and drop-off at centrally located hotels only. A surcharge per tour will be imposed for pickup other than from city hotels (such as Cititel Midvalley, The Gardens, Boulevard, Hilton Kuala Lumpur at KL Sentral, Le Meridien, etc.). Confirmations of surcharges for hotels will be advised upon confirmation of hotel pickup and drop-off
To enter the Batu Caves, customers are required to follow a certain dress code. This religious site does not allow customers entering the caves wearing short skirts / shorts that do not cover the knees or sleeveless shirts / tops.
Supplements apply during Malaysian Public Holidays
The tour may reserve not to confirm pick-up and drop-off services for customers who stay at private residences, apartment complexes and other non-registered tourism accommodation. Customers may be asked to transfer to a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off services. In such cases, it is essential that travelers provide mobile telephone contact information to reconfirm this accordingly. Incomplete information may result in not being able to operate the tour and reserving the right not to refund the customer.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Half-Day Kuala Lumpur City Orientation Tour
- Full-Day Sekinchan Sightseeing Trip from Kuala Lumpur
- Pulau Ketam Village Tour from Kuala Lumpur Including Thean Hou Temple
- Full-Day Tour: Kuala Lumpur City Including Kuala Lumpur Tower, Batu Caves and Little India
- Best of Kuala Lumpur City Tour Including National Museum and National Monument
- Sunway Lagoon Theme Park Day Trip from Kuala Lumpur