Private Tour: Half-Day Chennai Sightseeing With Government Museum And Kapaleeshwar Temple
OverviewSee Chennais historical and architectural gems on this half-day private sightseeing tour. Visit Fort St George, the first English fortress in India, and browse interesting art collections and exhibits at the Government Museum, which houses the largest collection of Roman antiquities outside of Europe. Learn about the Dravidian architecture of Kapaleeshwar Temple, built in the 7th century, and enjoy scenic views of Chennai on a drive along Marina Beach.
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourYoull be picked up from your Chennai hotel in the morning and taken on a sightseeing tour by private vehicle. Visit Fort St George, the oldest English fortress in India, founded in 1644. Learn how it now serves as the headquarters for the legislative assembly of the state of Tamil Nadu.
Inside, tour St Mary's Church, Wellesley House and the Fort Museum, where youll see relics from British rule in India including weapons, coins, medals and uniforms.
Then, head to the Indo-Saracenic-style Government Museum (also called the Madras Museum), which is the second-oldest museum in India and houses the largest collection of Roman antiquities outside of Europe!
With your guide, browse an impressive collection of paintings and sculptures, both traditional and modern, and explore diverse exhibits featuring archaeological findings, coins, sculptures, palm-leaf manuscripts and Amravati paintings, as well as rare works from famous Indian artists like Raja Ravi Varma.
Afterward, drive to Kapaleeshwar Temple, built in the 7th century and dedicated to the goddess Shiva. Learn about its Dravidian architecture, which is evident in its gopuram (ornate monumental tower).
Before returning to your hotel, drive along Marina Beach for fantastic views of Chennais beautiful landscape.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Half-Day Chennai Sightseeing With Government Museum And Kapaleeshwar Temple
- Entrance fees to all site attractions
- Local English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour: Half-Day Chennai Sightseeing With Government Museum And Kapaleeshwar Temple
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Day Trip to Kanchipuram Temple City from Chennai
- Bazaar Trail Walking Tour in George Town
- Private Transfer: Chennai Hotels to Chennai International Airport (MAA)
- Peacock Trail Walking Tour in Mylapore
- Private Day Tour of Mahabalipuram from Chennai
- Private Arrival Transfer: Chennai International Airport to Hotel