Private Tour: Half-Day Santiago DiscoveryWrite a Review
Join this private 5-hour tour of Santiago takes you to explore the main attractions of the city, including a sociocultural look at downtown Santiago. See the governmental palace and Constitution Square linked to the years of the military coup. Visit the historic Plaza de Armas main square, where you're guide will explain the history and its significance. Explore the Central Market featuring various seafood and visit the Fine Arts Museum featuring a permanent exhibition of Chilean art. Take the cable car to San Cristobal hill and enjoy panoramic views. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included. Choose from a morning or afternoon departure.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
Know More about this tourBegin your day with pickup at your hotel in Santiago at your chosen time of 9am or 3pm. In your private air-conditioned vehicle, you'll head to Santiago's historical center to begin your discovery of this fascinating city.
Your first stop includes the governmental palace - La Moneda, and Constitution Square. These sites hide stories of the years of the military coup in Chile which your guide will highlight. Next, take a short walk over New York Street, the oldest street in the city, and then visit Santiago's commercial center. Proceed towards the main square, Plaza de Armas, where you'll listen to your guide introduce you to the history, significance and sociocultural factors of this historic place. Observe the Mapuche monument, Santiago Cathedral, Santiago Post Office, City Hall, as well as the National Historical Museum featuring some of the most beautiful architecture in the city. You'll spend approximately 15-20 minutes in each area or site throughout the tour.
The tour continues towards the Central Market, where you will explore the local seafood market, then continue the adventure to Santiago´s most traditional bar - La Piojera. Next, you'll board your vehicle and drive to Santiago's Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes (Fine Arts Museum) for a short visit highlighting some of the famous Chilean artworks (closed Mondays). Afterwards, see the Bellavista neighborhood which includes a former home (La Chascona) of Chilean poet-diplomat, Pablo Neruda. After touring along the principal neighborhoods, ascend to San Cristobal hill by cable car or by vehicle, depending on accessibility. Observe the city with panoramic 360-degree views. You'll most likely want to take plenty of great photographs with your camera or allow the guide to use theirs and get your photos in a digital format after the tour concludes.
Upon completion of the tour, you'll board your private vehicle for a return to your accommodation in Santiago.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Half-Day Santiago Discovery
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private bilingual English/Spanish-speaking guide
- Cable car to San Cristobal Hill, depending on accessibility
- Photos (Optional - digital images to be sent post-tour via email or WhatsApp, depending on preference)
Exclusions for Private Tour: Half-Day Santiago Discovery
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food or drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Wheelchair accessible. Please advise local operator no later than 48 hours in advance
Total walking distance will be approximately 0.62 - 1.86 miles (1 - 3 kilometers), depending on passenger's preferences
Fine Arts Museum closed on Mondays; therefore alternate site(s) or outside view only may be substituted
Minimum drinking age is 18
Infant seats are not available
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.