Private Tour: Hampton Court Palace Walking Tour With Historian Guide - London
OverviewTick off Hampton Court Palaces highlights on this 3.5-hour private tour. With your very own historian guide, discover the magnificence of King Henry VIIIs favorite royal residence. Marvel at the lavishly decorated Tudor Quarters, take a moment to reflect in the opulent Chapel Royal, traverse the cobbled courtyards and see masterpieces from the revered Royal Collection. Along the way, learn about the palaces history and hear more about the Tudor, Stuart and Georgian royals who lived within its iconic red brick walls.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by an art historian
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourMake your own way to Hampton Court Palace in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, roughly 30 minutes by train from central London. Nestled next to the Thames River, Hampton Court Palace is famous as the home of King Henry VIII, one of the most renowned monarchs in English history.
Meet your private historian guide at the ticket office and then set off on your tour of the magnificent palace. Snap photos of the majestic red brick faade before passing through the arched entrance way, surrounded by slender columnettes and elegant towers.
With your guide leading the way, work your way through the palaces highlights. See Anne Boleyns Gate, one of the best preserved Tudor gatehouses in the country, and the Astronomical Clock in the Clock Court. Then, head inside for a stroll through the Tudor Quarters and the Great Hall. Gaze up at the halls sumptuously decorated hammer-beam roof and get an up-close look at the famous tapestries that adorn the walls.
Wander the Cumberland Art Gallery and discover magnificent works from the Royal Collection, including paintings by Rembrandt, Caravaggio, Holbein, van Dyck and Canaletto. Another must-see is the Chapel Royal, which was lavishly decorated by the king for the christening of his heir, Edward VI. Be wowed by the striking blue and gold ceiling, and see a replica of King Henry VIIIs crown, which is on display in the royal pew.
Halfway through your tour, enjoy a brief stop for refreshments (own expense) at one of the palaces cafes. Then end your visit at the Triumphs of Caesar, a series of paintings by Andrea Mantegna that are widely considered among the most important Italian Renaissance paintings in the world.
Your tour concludes after approx. 3.5 hours, leaving you free to continue exploring at your own leisure. Perhaps break for lunch in the Queen Elizabeth I kitchen, or enjoy a leisurely stroll through the palaces gardens.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Hampton Court Palace Walking Tour With Historian Guide
- Admission to Hampton Court Palace
- Professional historian guide
Exclusions for Private Tour: Hampton Court Palace Walking Tour With Historian Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Please note: trains from London Waterloo Station run regularly to Hampton Court; travel time is approximately 30 minutes. From Hampton Court Train Station to Hampton Court Palace is approximately a 10-minute walk
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- London Airport Executive Private Departure Transfer
- Small-Group Day Trip to Bath, Lacock and Stonehenge from London
- London Airport to Airport Private Transfer
- Small-Group Day Trip to Stonehenge, Glastonbury and Avebury from London
- Small-Group Day Trip to Salisbury, Stonehenge and Avebury from London
- London to Stonehenge Independent Return Trip Including Entry
- Airport to Airport London Transfer
- Private Departure Transfer: Central London to Heathrow Airport