Private Tour: Highlights Of Israel Day Trip From Tel Aviv Including Old Jerusalem, Western Wall And The Dead Sea
OverviewTake a day out to discover the iconic religious sites of Jerusalem and visit the Dead Sea on this private day trip from Tel Aviv. With a private driver-guide, visit Old Jerusalem to see landmarks including the Western Wall, Via Dolorosa and Church of the Holy Sepulchre, and absorb the city views from the Mount of Olives. Then, cross the Judean Desert to float in the Dead Sea and enjoy a revitalizing, mineral-rich mud bath before your return to Tel Aviv. Enjoy in-depth attention from a guide on this private tour.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourStart your tour with a pickup from your centrally located hotel or prearranged location in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv, and meet your private driver-guide. As you travel, hear historical facts about the 3,000-year old city and why it is considered a holy center by Christians, Jews and Muslims. Also, feel free to ask your guide to tailor your itinerary to suit any particular interests you have, perhaps to spend more time at one site than another.
After roughly an hour, arrive at the Mount of Olives and soak up the panoramic views over Old Jerusalem and the gold-plated Dome of the Rock at the Temple Mount Esplanade. Hear about the biblical events that took place on the mount, and then drive through the Kidron Valley past the Garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus prayed before his crucifixion, and the ancient Jewish cemetery, on route to the city.
Enter through one of the age-old gates in the walls and cross the Armenian quarter into the Jewish quarter to view the restored, 1,500-year-old Byzantine Cardo, and Western Wall (Wailing Wall), Judaisms most sacred site.
Continue into the Christian quarter and retrace Jesus steps to his crucifixion along the Via Dolorosa. Look out for some of the Stations of the Cross on the way and visit the hallowed Church of the Holy Sepulchre said to stand where he was nailed to the cross.
After time at the Old City Market, drive through the Judean Desert to the Dead Sea, the lowest point on Earth at 1,312 feet (400 meters) below sea level. Catch glimpses of the ancient city of Jericho on route and, when you arrive at the sea, enjoy free time to float in the salt-rich waters and enjoy a mud bath in the therapeutic black mud.
Then, drive back to Tel Aviv, where your tour ends with a hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Highlights Of Israel Day Trip From Tel Aviv Including Old Jerusalem, Western Wall And The Dead Sea
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour: Highlights Of Israel Day Trip From Tel Aviv Including Old Jerusalem, Western Wall And The Dead Sea
- Parking fees
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees for the Dead Sea (approx. 12 USD per person)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
A modest dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Please refrain from wearing shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Premium Off-Road Massada Adventure from Tel Aviv
- Nazareth, Tiberias and the Sea of Galilee Day Trip from Tel Aviv
- Masada and the Dead Sea Day Trip from Tel Aviv
- Masada and Ein Gedi Nature Reserve Day Trip from Tel Aviv
- Small Group Massada and Dead Sea from Tel Aviv
- West Bank Highlights Day Tour from Tel Aviv