Private Tour: Highlights Of The Bavarian Mountains From Salzburg
OverviewThis private 8-hour tour will show you the highlights of the Bavarian Mountains. Your private driver-guide will take you to the very best of Bavarian Mountains with its world famous attractions, such as the Eagles Nest (or Rossfeld summit), the salt mines, the town of Berchtesgaden and Kingslake (Koenigssee).
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourAfter being picked up at your Salzburg hotel (or any other location in Salzburg), you will leave Austria and head south of the city of Salzburg towards the much celebrated Bavarian Mountains. The Bavarian Mountains are located in the German federal state Bavaria.
Your journey starts with a drive through Kingslake River Valley and a ride along a very scenic mountain road to the mountain Obersalzberg, where the Eagles Nest bus terminal is located. From there a bus will take you up the mountain to the elevator that will bring you up to the Eagles Nest at an elevation of 6017 ft. Be impressed by the magnificent view of the Bavarian Mountains in the south and the Austrian Lake District Region and Salzburg in the north. You will have about an hour time to spend at the Eagles Nest on your own before returning to Obersalzberg to continue your journey. During the winter months, the tour might visit Rossfeld summit instead to get a view of the Eagle's Nest from there.
Next, you will be taken along an off-the-beaten-track road to Hinterbrand at 3000 ft elevation, which offers a spectacular view onto the Eagles Nest. The drive continues to lake Koenigssee (Kingslake), nestled between the mountains. You will have the opportunity to take some pictures of the lake and to enjoy a short walk along the lakeside.
As we continue our journey, the town of Berchtesgaden will be next. Berchtesgaden with its pedestrian area in the city center is a very charming Bavarian Mountains town. Here, you will have free time for about 1.5 hours during which you can also have lunch (at own expense) and explore the town of Berchtesgaden.
Our last highlight we will be a visit to a 450 year old salt mine, from where we will afterwards make our way back to Salzburg along the Kingslake River Valley. Your tour ends with a drop off at your Salzburg hotel or any other location within the city of Salzburg.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Highlights Of The Bavarian Mountains From Salzburg
- Private chauffeur/guide
- Luxury minivan
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Tour: Highlights Of The Bavarian Mountains From Salzburg
- Entrance Fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Price per vehicle
Maximum of 7 travelers (with guide and driver 6 travelers)
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.