Private Tour: Honoré De Balzac In Berdychiv From KievWrite a Review
Honore de Balzac was married there, Joseph Conrad was born there, Levi-Itskhak, a prominent Hassidic zaddik preached and died there.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Exclusive to Viator
- Family friendly
- Ideal choice for families
- Small group ensures personal service
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
Berdychiv is a provincial town of a hundred thousand inhabitants. At the same time, it is a cultural phenomenon worth studying, since in the nineteenth-century Ukraine it was looked upon as an embodiment of the very idea of provincialism. It is a town of several ethnic groups, each of which has contributed to the town's cultural makeup. A book published in Paris in 1884 about Russia and Ukraine (La Russie et les Russes. Kiev et Moscou, by Victor Tissot) gave more space to Berdychiv than to Kyiv or Moscow.
The town of Berdychiv is believed to have been founded in the 11th or possibly even in the 10th century. The first settlers were, in all probability, the Berendey is, people of the steppe who defended the lands, ruled by Kyiv, against incursions of other nomads. The name Berdychiv is thought to have been given to the town by these Berendeyis. It’s good luck, some say that the town did not get named after the nearby river Hnylopyat (hnyl means putrid). The devastating Mongol invasion of the thirteenth century reduced the town to rubble. It was resurrected back to life only to come into possession of the Polish and Lithuanians. For a considerable stretch of time, beginning from 1320, the Tyszkevyches, a Polish noble family, had the town as their estate.In 1850, Honore de Balzac married Ewelina Hańska in Berdychiv at St. Barbara Church.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Honoré De Balzac In Berdychiv From Kiev
- Private guided tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by private vehicle or minivan, minibus
- Visiting the city Berdychiv where Honoré de Balzac lived and married
- Visiting the villageVerkhovnian - coutryside residence of Honoré de Balzac nd Evelina Hanska
- We sell for less.
Exclusions for Private Tour: Honoré De Balzac In Berdychiv From Kiev
- Entrance fees to Museum of Honore de Balzak in village Verhovnia
- Food and drinks
- Souvenirs and photos are available to purchase
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Open the World Literature History with Honoré de Balzac in Berdychiv
Visit the village Verhovnia where the countryside Residence and Museum of Honore de Balzac
Another language speaking guide is on request. (subject for the pricing)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.