From USD 73.33
Experience the rural lifestyle of local villagers outside Chengdu on a private full-day trip. Your private guide acts as a translator on this interactive tour, including a round-trip trek to the village of Chen Jia Xiang. Hike past orchards along a mountain ridge and stop for a farmhouse lunch, using produce purchased at a vegetable market. Youll meet villagers at a local teahouse before strolling the streets of Huanglongxi Ancient Town, dotted with magnificent temples.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tour
Upon pickup from your Chengdu hotel in the morning, drive by private vehicle for approximately 1 hour to a village market. You'll receive a bit of money from your guide to bargain for fresh vegetables, and use mostly body language to talk with the vendors. Experience authentic village life as you try communicating with the locals, but don't worry your guide will assist you when needed!
Then hop back in the car and zigzag up a mountain road to the starting point of your countryside trek. Hike with your guide for an hour on a small path through a valley and mountain ridge, passing farmland, an orchard, brushwood and bridges while friendly people greet you along the way.
When you reach the village of Chen Jia Xiang, visit a local farmhouse and enjoy a Chinese lunch in the courtyard. Your meal includes pork and vegetable dishes prepared fresh from produce bought at the market. After lunch, visit the village teahouse and spend some time with local elders and children, learning how to play cards. If you meet any villagers doing farm work afterward, your guide will help you to join them if you'd like.
In the afternoon, youll take a different route on your 1.5-hour return trek, hiking up and down along a mountain path by a reservoir until you reach your vehicle. Then transfer to your next destination Huanglongxi Ancient Town for a stroll around its well-preserved stone streets, built during the Ming and Qing dynasties (1368-1911). Pass three ancient temples as well as historical residences along the central lane.
Relax at a riverside teahouse for another sip (own expense) before heading back to your Chengdu hotel, a 1-hour drive by private vehicle.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Huanglongxi Ancient Town And Countryside Trekking From Chengdu
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Lunch at a local farmhouse
Exclusions for Private Tour: Huanglongxi Ancient Town And Countryside Trekking From Chengdu
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Additional ingredients for farmhouse lunch to be bought at market
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved, comfortable shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.