Private Tour: Innsbruck And Swarovski Crystal Worlds From Salzburg
OverviewThis private tour from Salzburg takes you on a scenic journey through the Bavarian Alps and Inn Valley to the Austrian state of Tryol. In the capital city of Innsbruck, set against the stunning Nordkette mountains, enjoy a guided tour customized to your interests, followed by free time to explore on your own. See locations used in the Winter Olympics, admire the symbolic Golden Roof in Old Town, visit the Imperial Palace, or take the funicular up to Hungerburg for sweeping views of the Central Inn Valley. Then, prepare to be mesmerized as you enter Swarovski Crystal Worlds, whose larger-than-life crystalline theater is Austria’s second-most visited museum, right after Schönbrunn Palace.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tourYoull be picked up from your Salzburg hotel in the morning. Settle into your private minivan or Mercedes E-Class and relax on the scenic 2-hour drive southwest through the Bavarian Alps and the Inn Valley to the Austrian state of Tyrol, whose capital, Innsbruck, awaits you.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Innsbruck And Swarovski Crystal Worlds From Salzburg
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private minivan or Mercedes E-Class
Exclusions for Private Tour: Innsbruck And Swarovski Crystal Worlds From Salzburg
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Itinerary:You’ll have about 2.5 hours in Innsbruck, starting with a guided tour to get acquainted with the city and its history and culture. There is no fixed itinerary, so you have the flexibility to create your own sightseeing schedule depending on your interests. Simply tell your guide what you’d like to do and see. You'll also be given free time to have lunch and explore the city on your own.
Set amongst the gorgeous Nordkette mountain range, Innsbruck has been home to two Winter Olympics Games and is still the location for many major sporting and cultural events. Innsbruck offers a range of historical sights, scenic vistas and Olympic attractions, as well as charming boutiques and atmospheric cafes and brewpubs.
Take a stroll through the arched passageways of Old Town, where you'll see the Golden Roof, symbol of the Innsbruck. Visit the Imperial Palace, see the empty tomb of Emperor Maximilian at the Hofkirche imperial church, or venture to Ambras Castle, nestled in the hills above the city.
Sports lovers can visit Bergisel with its famous ski jump or the village of Igls, renowned for the winter bobsleigh events and downhill ski races. For a scenic experience, take the funicular from Old Town up the mountain to Hungerburg; from here, the panoramic gondola continues to Seegrube, where you'll be treated to tremendous views of the Central Inn Valley, the Stubai and Zillertal Alps, and across the Wipptal to the Italian border.
After your time in Innsbruck, embark on the second portion of your tour with a 20-minute drive through the Inn Valley to Wattens, where you'll stop to visit Swarovski Crystal Worlds. This unique subterranean theater is Austria’s second-most visited museum, right after Schönbrunn Palace.
The Swarovski family has been renowned for its spectacular crystal creations for more than a century. To celebrate the 100th-year anniversary of the prestigious brand, multi-media artist Andre Heller created Swarovski Crystal Worlds, an underground exhibition space that immerses you in a sparkling fantasy world in which the magic of crystals is ‘staged’ in a variety of imaginative ways. It's a truly enchanting experience!
On your 1.5-hour tour, wander through the Chambers of Wonder, created by famous artists and designers such as Alexander McQueen, Tord Boontje and Brian Eno. This fairytale winter landscape is made up of thousand of crystals, creating a real-life kaleidoscope. Stand in the interior of a giant crystal, watching light refracted in hundreds of mirrored surfaces, and marvel in child-like wonder at the imposing Crystal Dome, the showpiece of Swarovski Crystal Worlds.
You'll then head back to Salzburg to conclude your tour.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Concert and Dinner at Stiegls Brewery Restaurant
- Salzburg Vintage Photo Tour With a Polaroid Camera
- The Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg With Lunch or Dinner
- Canyoning Adventure in the Salzkammergut from Salzburg
- Salzburg Marionette Theater Presents The Sound of Music
- Private Eagle's Nest and King's Lake Tour from Salzburg
- Private Eagles Nest and Salt Mines Tour from Salzburg
- Private Eagle's Nest and King's Lake Tour including all Entrance Fees