Private Tour Inside Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant - Kiev
OverviewA tour to the heart of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone - the building of ChNPP, which is now in the process of decommissioning and construction of the "Arch" - new confinement, which will cover the dilapidated object "Shelter". Also you will see the most famous objects (Pripyat and Chernobyl towns, radar DUGA-1, abandoned villages, etc.).
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Vegetarian meal option available
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourAt the entrance to the industrial area of the ChNPP, in accordance with the rules of stay at this facility, you will need to wear a provided gown of an NPP employee, shoe covers and you'll need to attach to the gown a special dosimeter. The average length of a visit to Chernobyl NPP depends on the selected items and is 2-4 hours.
Program of the 1-day ChNPP tour:
The order and the list of visited places can be changed during the tour in case of carrying out the technical works at the facilities of the station.
- the Zone checkpoint "Dytyatki";
- the abandoned village of Zalissja;
- the eliminated village of Kopachi;
- the decontaminated Red Forest;
- the abandoned city of Pripyat, which once had 50-thousand population;
- the Chernobyl NPP:
- construction site of the new confinement "Arch"
- mock-uphall at the Administrative and Service Complex (ASC-1) of the ChNPP
- "golden corridor" extending through the building of the ChNPP
- the control panel of the reactor (CP)
- machine (turbine) hall
- reactor hall
- memorial to Valery Khodemchuk, buried under the ruins of the reactor
- room with MCP (main circulation pumps)
- the secret soviet object Chernobyl-2 (radar "DUGA-1");
- Chernobyltown with the worlds best monument to the heroes of Chernobyl, and an open-air exhibition of vehicles which participated in mitigation of the accident
- monument to Chernobyl heroes: a floral tribute
- returning to Kiev
Inclusions for Private Tour Inside Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Compulsory insurance
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Private Tour Inside Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant
- Dosimeter rent (10USD paid locally if required)
- Airport transfer
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
ATTENTION! To make your trip successful, while filling out booking application, kindly write your email address and phone number into the "Special requirements" field, so supplier can provide you with all necessary information and tour-details about the trip and to stay in touch in the case of any emergency.
PLEASE NOTE: Tours booked within 14 days of departure are unlikely to be confirmed.
Minimum age is 18 years
It is obligatory to have a passport for each participant (and it should be the one that you specified in the application for the trip!)
Dress code is long sleeves (jacket, shirt), pants, closed comfortable shoes
The Rules of stay in the Zone prohibit:
- eating, drinking and smoking in open air;
- touching buildings, trees, plants;
- gathering and eating mushrooms, berries, fruit and nuts in forests and gardens of the abandoned settlements
- sitting on the ground
- putting photo and video cameras, bags, backpacks and other personal belongings on the ground.
Persons under alcoholic/drug intoxication are not allowed to take a trip to the Zone.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mamaeva Sloboda Open-Air Museum Private Tour
- Private Guided Bike Tour of Kiev
- Jewish History of Kiev including Babi Yar Memorial Private Tour
- 3 Hour Kiev Walking Tour of Podil District
- Small-Group Waking Tour of Kiev Center
- Small-Group Panoramic City Tour of Kiev
- From Ancient Kyiv to Euromaidan Tour
- Missile Force Base Trip from Kiev