At the entrance to the industrial area of the ChNPP, in accordance with the rules of stay at this facility, you will need to wear a provided gown of an NPP employee, shoe covers and you'll need to attach to the gown a special dosimeter. The average length of a visit to Chernobyl NPP depends on the selected items and is 2-4 hours.
Program of the 1-day ChNPP tour:
The order and the list of visited places can be changed during the tour in case of carrying out the technical works at the facilities of the station.
- the Zone checkpoint "Dytyatki";
- the abandoned village of Zalissja;
- the eliminated village of Kopachi;
- the decontaminated Red Forest;
- the abandoned city of Pripyat, which once had 50-thousand population;
- the Chernobyl NPP:
- construction site of the new confinement "Arch"
- mock-uphall at the Administrative and Service Complex (ASC-1) of the ChNPP
- "golden corridor" extending through the building of the ChNPP
- the control panel of the reactor (CP)
- machine (turbine) hall
- reactor hall
- memorial to Valery Khodemchuk, buried under the ruins of the reactor
- room with MCP (main circulation pumps)
- the secret soviet object Chernobyl-2 (radar "DUGA-1");
- Chernobyltown with the worlds best monument to the heroes of Chernobyl, and an open-air exhibition of vehicles which participated in mitigation of the accident
- monument to Chernobyl heroes: a floral tribute
- returning to Kiev