Private Tour: Islamic Cairo Including Amr Ibn-AlAs-Ibn Tulun, Sultan Hassa And El Refaa Mosques
OverviewOf the most important characteristic of Egypt is Islamic civilization in terms of the number of Muslims and mosques. Characterized by its Art Deco and towering minarets, Islamic architecture and its contents from the old mosques with us. Therefore, discovered the art of Islamic architecture and enjoy spend a day to visit the most important mosques ancient Egyptian in Private day tour to visit the oldest Mosques in Egypt and discover the Islamic art building,with private Guide and A/C Coach.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourStart your private day tour to visit the Famous mosque in Old Cairo (Amr Ibn-AlAs) was originally built in 642 AD, as the center of the newly founded capital of Egypt, Fustat. The original structure was the first mosque ever built in Egypt, and by extension, the first mosque on the continent of Africa.
Then moving to visit The Ibn -Tulun mosque was commissioned by Ahmad ibn ln, the Abbassid governor of Egypt from 868884 whose rule was characterized by de facto independence. The historian al-Maqrizi lists the mosque's construction start date as 876 AD and the mosque's original inscription slab identifies the date of completion as 265 AH, or 879 AD.
The Mosque-Madrassa of Sultan Hassan is a massive Mamluk era mosque and Madrassa located near the Citadel in Cairo. Its construction began 757 AH/1356 CE with work ending three years later "without even a single day of idleness". At the time of construction the mosque was considered remarkable for its fantastic size and innovative architectural components. Commissioned by a sultan of a short and relatively unimpressive profile, al-Maqrizi noted that within the mosque were several "wonders of construction". The mosque was, for example, designed to include schools for all four of the Sunni schools of thought: Shafi'i, Maliki, Hanafi and Hanbali. Return back to the hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Islamic Cairo Including Amr Ibn-AlAs-Ibn Tulun, Sultan Hassa And El Refaa Mosques
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Bottle of water
Exclusions for Private Tour: Islamic Cairo Including Amr Ibn-AlAs-Ibn Tulun, Sultan Hassa And El Refaa Mosques
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Mosques have very strict dress codes, when visiting women must where long loose clothing, insure their arms and legs are fully covered. Women are also required to cover their heads at all times. Men must not show above their knees and cover their shoulders. Failure to do so will result in refused entry.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- The Pyramids of Giza and Amir Taz Palace Private Tour
- Day Trip to the Giza Pyramids - Sphinx - Memphis and Sakkara
- Highlights of Cairo Sightseeing Tour Visiting Egyptian Museum Citadel with Mohamed Ali Mosque and khan khalili Bazaar
- Sunset or Sunrise Tour: Pyramids of Giza by Horse or Camel
- 6-Day Cairo and Nile Cruise
- Private Tour: Pyramids of Giza Memphis and Sakkara with Lunch