Private Tour: Istanbul Sightseeing Including Museum Of Innocence, Pera Museum And ÇukurcumaWrite a Review
From USD 57.14
OverviewImmerse yourself in bygone Istanbul on this engrossing private, half-day tour. With a knowledgeable guide, visit Pera Museum to see its wondrous Ottoman artworks, including Osman Hamdi Beys celebrated Tortoise Trainer, as well as ceramics, tiles and ancient Anatolian artifacts. Then, explore the quaint ukurcuma district where antique shops and museums reign supreme. Visit some of the best shops and peek inside the quirky-yet-magical Museum of Innocence, a temple to late 20th-century Istanbul founded by author Orhan Pamuk. This private tour ensures you enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
- All entrance fees included
- Family friendly
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourStart with a pickup from your centrally located Istanbul hotel. Board your air-conditioned minivan and receive a blue-and-white evil eye token as a welcome gift from your guide.
First, visit Pera Museum, one of Istanbuls premier museums. Occupying a Victorian building, this modern gallery houses fascinating exhibitions of everything from Ottoman artifacts to Orientalist paintings.
View the showpiece works and hear more about them from your guide. Ponder artworks from the late Ottoman era including the much-loved Tortoise Trainer by Osman Hamdi Bey. Take in the visiting exhibitions, and see the displays of Ktahya ceramics and Anatolian weights and measures some from the 7th century BC all testifying to the age-old skills of Turkeys craftspeople.
Next, head for ukurcuma, the characterful antiques district where the winding streets are fringed with vintage shops that offer a true flavor of old Istanbul. With pointers from your guide, visit some of the best antique shops, starting with Minyatr Denis Eskisi. Delve into this maritime shop to browse its quirky naval items, such as binoculars, crates and compasses.
Continue to the Museum of Innocence, founded by Nobel Prize-winning author Orhan Pamuk. Inspired by his 2010 novel of the same name, set in 1970s Istanbul, this genius museum displays everyday items from 20th-century Istanbul. Peer at the clocks, toys and postcards, and be whisked back to this recent, but seemingly far-distant era.
With your nostalgia buttons well and truly pressed, return to your hotel where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Istanbul Sightseeing Including Museum Of Innocence, Pera Museum And Çukurcuma
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private Tour
- Professional guide
- Transport by private minivan
- Entrance fees
- Evil Eye
Exclusions for Private Tour: Istanbul Sightseeing Including Museum Of Innocence, Pera Museum And Çukurcuma
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.