Private Tour - Italian Coffee And Cathedral Complex In 3 Hours - Florence
OverviewWith our professional guide you will discouver the best of Duomo Square as the famous Baptistery with its golden doors, the big Dome, the beautiful Cathedral and the modern Museum with its original piece of arts and a typical coffee break.
Know More about this tourThis tour start in front of Giotto's Bell Tower, it's so easy to be recognise because it's tall84.7 metres and approximately 15 metres in breadth, it is the most eloquent example of 14th century Gothic architecture in Florence.
In piazza del Duomo you will find Santa Maria del Fiore, designed by Arnolfo di Cambio, is the third largest church in the world. It is 153 metres long, 90 metres wide at the crossing, and 90 metres high from the floor to the bottom of the lantern. In 1412 It was dedicated to Santa Maria del Fiore, the Virgin of the Flower, a clear allusion to the lily, the symbol of the city of Florence.
It'stotally clad in slabs of white Carrara, green Prato, red from Grosseto marble, as the building in front of it: the Baptistery of Saint John. It's one of the most ancient churches in Florence. This fascinating structure is an octagonal and it so famous thanks to the the East Door, which Michelangelo called the Gates of Paradise, it is the now fully Renaissance masterpiece of Ghiberti.
Final stop will be theMuseum of the Opera di Santa Maria del Fiore houses the second most extensive collection of sacred art in the world after the Vatican Museums with masterpieces by such artists as Donatello, Lorenzo Ghiberti, Luca della Robbia, Filippo Brunelleschi and Michelangelo. Its collections consist of statues and paintings produced for the baptistry, the bell tower and the cathedral of Florence that have been removed from their original position and taken out of daily liturgical use either for purposes of conservation or in the course of alterations and modernisation programmes.
Once you will arrived on the last floor of that interesting building you will have an amazing view of the city and the big Dome. Itwas erected between 1418 and 1434 to a design which Filippo Brunelleschi . A masterpiece capable of withstanding lightning, earthquakes and the passage of time, it continues to enchant all those who observe it from afar.
Inclusions for Private Tour - Italian Coffee And Cathedral Complex In 3 Hours
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Private Tour - Italian Coffee And Cathedral Complex In 3 Hours
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Florence & Dante Game tour - Art Treasure Hunt - Family Tour
- COLOSSEUM TOUR FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN WITH HOP ON HOP OFF BUS
- VATICAN MUSEUMS INCLUDING SISTINE CHAPEL FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN
- COLOSSEUM & VATICAN TOUR FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN & HOP ON HOP OFF BUS
- FIRENZE WALKING TOUR AND CHIANTI TASTING WITH ACCADEMIA OR UFFIZI OPTION
- Duomo Express Guided Tour with No-Wait Access
- FAST-TRACK ON ARRIVAL: Personal Assistant & Porter at Florence SMN Station
- Florence Full Day Tour with David, Duomo, Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio and More