Private Tour: Jiufen Gold Rush Town And Yehliu National Geopark From Taipei
OverviewDiscover Taiwans natural and cultural highlights on a private day trip to Yehliu National Geopark and Jiufen. Walk over fascinating geological formations at boulder-strewn Yehliu before taking to the narrow streets of Jiufen, a former gold mining town with Japanese influences. Your experienced guide will lead you down Old Street for a taste of Taiwan and take you to Shengping Theater House for a peek into Jiufens cinematic past. Round-trip private transport from Taipei and seafood lunch are included.
- All entrance fees included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Lunch included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Begin your private tour at 9am with hotel pickup by your guide in Taipei. Youll be transferred by air-conditioned vehicle to Yehliu National Geopark, less than one hour away. Yehliu situated in one of the most remarkable geological coastal areas in northern Taiwan is well known for its rocky promontory overlooking the bay.
Admire magnificent scenic views of this phenomenal natural environment shaped over time by wind and waves. Youll enjoy many photo ops as you explore the large rocks dubbed with imaginative names such as Queens Head; many of the boulders are named by the locals for their resemblance to everyday objects.
After stopping for a delicious seafood lunch at the fishing harbor, your guide will take you to Jiufen, situated in the hills overlooking a small harbor on Taiwans northeastern coast. Once a prosperous town famous for its gold mining industry, Jiufen was abandoned by the 1970s and nearly forgotten, but is now a mecca for artists and writers as well as the inspiration for films like A City of Sadness and Spirited Away.
Follow your guide down narrow cobbled streets past stone walls and tea houses that provide a picture of the town during Japanese occupation. If you would like to try the local fare (own expense), Jiufen Old Street offers plentiful food stalls as well as souvenirs and tea shops that stretch through the entire town. Walk down the long, narrow street that brims with traditional crafts and delicious snacks such as sweet taro balls, rice cakes and grilled squid.
Next, your guide will take you to see old houses in Jiufens residential area and explore an old narrow pathway where mountains meet the Pacific Ocean. Then, visit the restored Shengping Theater House, the first movie theater in northern Taiwan, originally built for the mineworkers' after-hours entertainment. Admire authentic details such as the ticket office, seats and stage, as well as vintage movie posters and defunct equipment.
Your guide will share tales about Spirited Away, which won the 2002 Oscar for Best Animated Feature, and point out some of the signature locations from the movie. Hear about the director, Hayao Miyazaki, who was inspired by the scenic beauty of Jiufen on a long visit to Taiwan and used the towns scenery as a backdrop for the Japanese film.
When your private tour of Jiufen ends around 5pm, your guide will drop you off at your hotel in Taipei.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Jiufen Gold Rush Town And Yehliu National Geopark From Taipei
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: Jiufen Gold Rush Town And Yehliu National Geopark From Taipei
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable shoes
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Self-Guided Tour With Private Transfer: Be Around With Fireflies And Tung Blossom
- Jiufen en Espaol - Excursin privada al pueblo que inspir El Viaje de Chihiro
- Private Day Trip of Jiufen - The Enchanted Town from the Movie Spirited Away
- Leisure Tour to Yangminshsan and Relaxing Massage after
- Taipei 101 Luxury Half-day Private Tour Including Dinner and Shopping
- Small Group Night Market Tour including Street Food Tasting
- Private 1-Day Tea Experience in Taipei
- Private Tea Village and Taipei Sightseeing Day Tour