Private Tour: Kaiping One Day Excursion - Shenzhen
OverviewKaiping is located in the southwestern part of the Pearl River, 100 km away from Guangzhou. It is one of the renowned homes to overseas Chinese. Kaiping is famous for the multifunctional houses with their own style, as well as "Diaolou".
Know More about this tour
In Kaiping, the special and unique house is called Diaolou or watchtower. Diaolou is well recognized the World Heritage UNESCO. A combination of Chinese and exotic architectural styles is one of the features of this kind of building. In the late Ming Dynasty and early Qing Dynasty, the local people began to build multi-storied, defensive houses called Diaolou. If you are interested in the functions of Diaolou, come to Kaiping and let our tour guide explain the details. These watchtowers not only boast ancient Greek and Roman flavors, but also blend Gothic, Ialamic, Baroque and Rococo styles. They feature the harmonious integration of varying foreign architecture patterns and the preference of the house owners.
Zili Village lies in Tangkou Town, about 12 kilometers from Kaiping. It enjoys the most exquisite, best-preserved, densely located buildings of such kind. Fifteen houses in existence in this village are all ranked as cultural relics of national importance under the protection of the state. Mingshilou, a five-storey residential house, is the fanciest. It was built in 1925, made of armored concrete. At its top stands a hexagonal observation tower, displaying a fusion of Chinese and western structural and decorative forms. On every corner of its fifth floor rises a hornwork. Local people called them Swallow Nest. This house has a massive body, solid iron doors and windows. It has quality designed furnishings and complete living facilities.
In Chikan Town, we may enjoy Yinglonglou, Dragon Meeting Tower. It was built in Ming Dynasty. The design and construction of this house was free from the exotic architectural influence.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Kaiping One Day Excursion
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off in Guangzhou City Center
- Private tour vehicle with the professional driver
- Transportation tax, tolls, parking fees
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees as indicated
- Chinese style lunch
Exclusions for Private Tour: Kaiping One Day Excursion
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Home Dining Experience of Traditional Cantonese Cuisine
- Taste real Sichuan cuisine in a luxury restaurant
- The best night food tour in SZ: ten tastings
- Tooth Cleaning in Guangzhou with Private Transfer
- Wing Chun with a Renowned Hong Kongese Practitioner
- Arrival Private Transfer Shenzhen Airport SZX to Shenzhen City in a Sedan Car
- Arrival Private Transfer Shenzhen Airport SZX to Shenzhen in a Minivan
- Departure Private Transfer Shenzhen to Shenzhen Airport SZX in a Sedan Car