OverviewCruise the palm-fringed backwaters of Kerala on board a private Kettuvallam, a traditional thatched houseboat typical to Kerala. These houseboats have been plying the Kerala waterways for centuries, connecting villages along the backwaters and transporting rice, spices and other goods. A Kerala backwater cruise is the best way to experience Kerala's amazing beauty and get a glimpse of rural life along the backwaters.
- Lunch included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourYour private day trip from Kochi starts with a 1.5-hour journey from your Kochi hotel to the backwaters of Alleppey, famous for its labyrinth of waterways spanning 559 miles (900 km). On arrival in Alleppey, board your private Kettuvallam and feast on a mouthwatering Kerala-style lunch. Enjoy savory dishes such as sambar, a hearty vegetable stew, and avail, a vegetable and coconut curry. Tickle your sweet tooth with pappad, a South Indian wafer, and payasam, a rice pudding flavored with cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashew nuts and pistachios.
As you cruise along, witness life in the backwater villages of Alleppey. Travel down the canals dotted with houses, paddy fields, coconut trees, market places and temples. See local people engaging in a variety of activities from fishing to daily chores. Soak in the beautiful scenery from your thatched-roof boat and relish the serenity of this river town.
Enjoy a traditional Indian tea with snacks before disembarking your Kerala houseboat. Your private guide will drive you from Alleppey back to your Kochi hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Kerala Backwater Cruise
- Afternoon tea
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Tour: Kerala Backwater Cruise
- Gratuities (recommended)
Itinerary:Sample Lunch Menu:
- Kerala Rice
- Sambar (vegetable stew)
- Avial (thick mixture of vegetables, curd and coconut seasoned with coconut oil and curry leaves)
- Vegetable Thoran (vegetables sautéed and cooked along with coconut)
- Vegetable Mezhukkupuratti (fried vegetable curry)
- Pickle & Curd
- Pappad (South Indian wafer)
- Payasam (rice pudding flavored with cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashew nuts, and pistachios)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.