Private Tour: Kochi City Tour And Kathakali Dance Show Including Dinner
OverviewDiscover the historical city of Kochi. Visit the churches, synagogues and museums in the city. Also a gateway to Kerala, Kochi is situated on the south-west coast of the India. The city was the first European settlement in India. Its location between blue waters of the Arabian Sea and Keralas emerald backwaters, its rich medley of Indian and foreign architecture make it a favorite tourist spot. It is also the industrial and commercial capital of Kerala.
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
Know More about this tourYour guide and driver will pick up you from your hotel in Kochi or Ernakulam at 2pm and proceed for the Kochi city tour.
The first stop on your tour will be the Jewish Synagogue. The Synagogue is the oldest synagogue in India built in 1568, it attracts tourist all round the year. The synagogue is decorated with Chinese tiles and Belgian chandeliers.
Next you will visit St Francis Church, the first European church of India. The church was built in 1516. it is famous for being the initial burial place for Vasco de gama which was later taken to Lisbon. Then see The Dutch Palace- built by the Portuguese in 1557 as a gift to the Raja of Cochin. It is a 2-storied building around a central courtyard and also has numerous temples. It is also known as Mattancherry palace.
Next, you will see the Indo-Portuguese Museum- established by Dr. Joseph Kureethra to protect the rich heritage of Portuguese influence on the city. The museum has five main sections including the Altar, Treasure, Procession, Civil Life and Cathedral.
Your tour will take you next to see Chinese Fishing Nets- set up on teak wood and bamboo poles, these fishing nets has its origin in China. These were introduced by Chinese explorer Zheng He. It has become a major tourist attraction.
After sightseeing, your driver will take you to the theater for Kathakali Dance Show. Kathakali is a classical dance form, and is deeply embedded in the culture of Kerala. One of the important cultural icons of Kerala is this majestic dance. After the show enjoy dinner at a popular local restaurant and then be transferred back to your hotel around 9pm.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Kochi City Tour And Kathakali Dance Show Including Dinner
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off, transport in private air-conditioned minivan
- Kathakali dance show admission ticket
- Entrance fees
- Buffet dinner
Exclusions for Private Tour: Kochi City Tour And Kathakali Dance Show Including Dinner
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Group discount is available
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.