Private Tour: Konark Sun Temple And Pipli Village Day Tour From BhubaneswarWrite a Review
OverviewThis tour will take you to the 13th-century Sun Temple, UNESCO's World Heritage monument, in Konark, Odisha and Pipli artisan village, famous for its beautiful appliques, handicrafts and colorful fabrics.
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up from your hotel in Bhubaneswar for this full-day tour, which will start with a visit to the Chariot of the Sun God Temple, built by King Langula Narasimha Deva in 13th century A.D. during the Golden Era of Orissan art.
The Sun Temple is known for its exquisite and intricate architecture and sculptures. Located on the shores of the Arabian Sea, the Sun Temple is a sight to behold especially during Sunrise. Its prominent location has guided ancient mariners for around a millennia. In order to distinguish Konark from the whitewashed Jagannath Temple in Puri, European settlers referred it as the Black Pagoda.
After the temple you will continue your tour to Pipli artist village, where the locals produce applique art - a process of cutting colored cloth into shapes of animals, birds, flowers, leaves, gods, goddesses and other decorative motifs and stitching them over a piece of cloth. These creations are fabricated into lampshades, handbags, cushion covers or even garden umbrellas. A famous example is the enormous applique canopies above the reigning deity of Puri, Lord Jagannath. After the visit to the village you will be back to Bhubaneswar and dropped off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Konark Sun Temple And Pipli Village Day Tour From Bhubaneswar
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Bhubaneshwar city
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Carbon offset certificate
Exclusions for Private Tour: Konark Sun Temple And Pipli Village Day Tour From Bhubaneswar
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Group discount is available for group size of 2+ and 4+
A maximum of 8 people per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Vehicle used for transfers and sightseeing will be air-conditioned
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.