Private Tour: Kumbhalgarh Fort Tour From UdaipurWrite a Review
OverviewJoin us for a full-day private tour to Kumbhalgarh, a small town known for its history and architecture. Here lies the great Kumbhalgarh Fort, built during 15th century by Maharana Kumbha. Expanded during 19th century, this fort is also the birth place of Maharana Pratap, the great king and warrior of Mewar. This almost invincible fort is the highest and most formidable in the state of Rajasthan. Even the mighty Mughal could not capture it alone and it took the combined armies of Delhi, Amber and Marwar to breach its defenses. Standing majestically on 3,600 foot high (1,100 meters) ridge and representing the past glory of the Rajput rulers, Kumbhalgarh Fort also provides a panoramic view of the countryside from the top.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourA private air-conditioned vehicle will pick you up from your hotel in Udaipur at 8:00AM and transfer to Kumbhalgarh (approx. 2 hours). Built on a hilltop 3,600 feet (1,100 meters) above sea level, the fort of Kumbhalgarh is protected by the thirteen mountain peaks of the Aravali Range. The perimeter walls extend 22 miles (36 km) and frontal walls 15 feet wide. Kumbhalgarh has seven fortified gateways and over 360 temples within the fort, 300 ancient Jain and the rest Hindu. This is the second longest wall following the Great Wall of China. From the top of the palace you can see far into the Aravalli Range.
As one of the local legends, Rana Kumbha, the Maharana of Kumbhalgarh, was repeatedly unsuccessful in attempts to build the fort wall. A spiritual preceptor was consulted and advised the ruler that a voluntary human sacrifice would solve the impediment. The temple was to be built where the head should fall and the wall and the fort where the rest of his body lay. For some time no one volunteered until a pilgrim came forth and was ritually decapitated. Today the main gate of the fortress, Hanuman Pol, contains a shrine and a temple to commemorate the great sacrifice. When your tour ends, you will be transported back to your centrally located hotel in Udaipur city.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Kumbhalgarh Fort Tour From Udaipur
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Udaipur
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Carbon offset certificate
Exclusions for Private Tour: Kumbhalgarh Fort Tour From Udaipur
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Group discount is available for group size of 2+ and 4+
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.