Private Tour: Laodicea And Aphrodisias Day Trip From Kusadasi
OverviewBe transported back to ancient times on this enthralling full-day private tour to Laodicea and Aphrodisias from Kusadasi. Leave the 21st-century behind to walk the pillar-lined streets of Laodicea, once an important commercial city. After an included lunch, explore the stunning remains of Greco-Roman Aphrodisias, named after the goddess Aphrodite. Admire its temples, gateway, baths and well-preserved stadium, and visit its museum to see the city's famous marble statues. With an expert guide to bring both sites alive, the tour has history buffs inscribed all over it.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourStart your experience on this private tour with a pickup at your centrally located Kusadasi hotel. Board your air-conditioned coach and admire Turkeys picturesque countryside on route to Laodicea.
Hear engrossing facts about this ancient city on your 3.5-hour journey, including how it was once the jewel of the Lycus River valley. Known in early times as Diospolis, the city was named Laodicea ad Lyceum around the 2nd century BC, and, under Roman rule, became a hugely important trading center in Asia Minor.
Enjoy a fascinating tour of the ruins, many of them the monuments that once attested to the citys power and prosperity. Amble along colonnaded streets, and see baths, theaters and the stadium, where an underground passage used by chariots and horses still stands.
Afterward, continue to Aphrodisias, about 1.5 hours away. On arrival, enjoy an included lunch at a local restaurant (see the Itinerary for a sample menu). Then, explore the remains of this Ancient Greek city that was dedicated to Aphrodite, the goddess of Love, and famed for its school of sculpture due to its nearby marble quarries.
As you walk, hear about the citys golden age, when pilgrims flocked to its temple to Aphrodite. See the temple remains, the 2nd-century Roman gate and the marble theater, and tread in the footsteps of long-ago spectators at the stadium, one of the best preserved of its kind in the Mediterranean. Then, visit the on-site museum to see some of the citys famed marble statues.
Following your visit, relax on your drive back Kusadasi, where your tour ends with a hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Laodicea And Aphrodisias Day Trip From Kusadasi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: Laodicea And Aphrodisias Day Trip From Kusadasi
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
First course (choice of one):
- Lentil soup
- Menemen (scrambled eggs, with tomato, onions and peppers)
- Grilled chicken
- Lamb meatballs
- Baked mushroom and rice
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
It is highly recommended to wear comfortable clothes and shoes
Please note: the order of the activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of the tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.