Private Tour: Lima And Local Indian Market
OverviewDiscover what the historic city of Lima has to offer on a half-day private tour. Visit the eerie catacombs of the San Francisco Convent. Learn about the history and culture of Peru from your knowledgeable guide as you admire delicate Nativity scenes at the Casa Luna, then finish with shopping for handmade goods at the Indian Market.
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourMeet your tour guide in the lobby of your hotel and set off on a half-day private tour of Lima. Peru's capital city has over 2,000 years of history and your tour guide will take you to the most important areas.
You'll first stop at the San Francisco Convent, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, in the center of historic Lima. This was the first major church to be built in Lima and also houses a library which holds some of Peru's oldest and rarest books. Located below the church are the catacombs, Lima's first cemetery and the final resting place for an estimated 70,000 people.
Next you'll meet the owners of the Casa Luna, or Moon House, where youll see their unique collection of Nativity scenes. Traditionally from Spain, these elaborate dioramas show tiny human figurines, models of animals from the area and images of Christian saints and pre-Columbian deities.
Your last stop will be in Miraflores for shopping in the Mercado Indio (Indian Market). Browse and shop for colorful Peruvian handmade crafts and other local goods such as shawls, hand-carved wooden artifacts, alpaca throws and solid silver. Then, head back on a relaxing ride back to your Lima hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Lima And Local Indian Market
- 4-hour private tour
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour: Lima And Local Indian Market
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to the Cathedral
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Note: tour does not pickup from the cruise ship port or airport
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Lunahuana: Rafting and Canopy Experience from Lima
- Private 4-Day Inti Raymi Experience from Lima
- Private Dinner Buffet and Typical Peruvian Show in Lima Including Visit to Barranco District
- Ballestas Islands Full-Day Trip Including Paracas National Reserve
- Lima Local Communities Tour
- 10-day Tour from Lima: Amazon Jungle, Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca