Private Tour: Lisbon Walking Tour
OverviewDiscover the key sights of Lisbon on this half-day walking tour with a private guide. Hear historical anecdotes about Portugals beautiful capital on your wanders, and see top Lisbon attractions such as Rossio Square, handsome Restauradores Square and the upmarket Chiado district. Then, ride a vintage tram to delve into the old Moorish district of Alfama, home to cobbled lanes, whitewashed houses and Lisbon Cathedral. Finish at another of Lisbons crowning glories, the monumental waterside Commerce Square. On this private tour, enjoy in-depth attention from your own, personal guide.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in central Lisbon and set off on your private walking tour of this fascinating city.
Stop first in Rossio Square (Praa do Rossio), Lisbons main meeting place since the Middle Ages. Gaze at the fountains and buildings, and admire the 19th-century black and white wave-shaped mosaics that cover the square.
Walk to Restauradores Square (Praa dos Restauradores), where a 98-foot (30-meter) high obelisk commemorates Portugals independence from Spain in 1640. Here, take in the art deco Eden Theatre building, 18th-century Foz Palace and Liberdade Avenue, the 19th-century boulevard that is Lisbons main lifeblood.
Also, stop to see the intricate architecture of Rossio Station (Estao do Rossio), and learn how it connects Lisbon to Sintra via a 1.6-mile (2.6-km) rail tunnel that was excavated under the city in the 19th century.
Next, visit Carmo Square (Largo do Carmo), the picturesque scene of Portugals 1974 Carnation Revolution, and site of the skeletal ruins of the 14th-century Carmo Convent.
Midway through your tour, stop at a cafe to refuel with a delicious pastel de nata, one of Portugal's delectable egg tarts, before setting off with your guide once more.
Walk to the elegant Chiado neighborhood, where the streets are lined with swish cafes, boutiques and theaters, and then ride a vintage tram to Alfama, Lisbons oldest and former Moorish neighborhood. Almost a city within a city, the area is filled with cobbled alleys, squares and pretty whitewashed houses.
Wander the lanes as your guide recounts Alfamas history and its role in the birth of fado, Portugals melancholic folk music. Pass fado houses and the Fado Museum, and admire Lisbon cathedral (S de Lisboa), tucked into the center of Alfama.
After, walk to Commerce Square (Praa do Comrcio), Lisbons huge waterside square, where your tour ends. Get directions from your guide back to your hotel or continue exploring independently.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Lisbon Walking Tour
- Private guide
- Tram ticket
- Pastel de nata pastry
- 1 glass of wine
Exclusions for Private Tour: Lisbon Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.