OverviewBe prepared for a day in the name of history up close. On a one day journey from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau, you will have a unique chance to visit some of the famous sights from the Vietnam War. Tour guide and war veterans will take you on a historical journey, as you will have an opportunity to visit the Long Tan cross, raised by the Australians, the battle fields of the Horseshoe, Nui Dat (SAS Hills) and the Long Phuoc Tunnels used by the Viet-Cong’s. Prepare yourself to be touched by the memory of the victors and the fallen as well as a visit to the Ba Ria orphanage.
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYour journey through history will start around 8am as we will pick you up in Ho Chi Minh City and depart for Vung Tau. On the way we will stop off at Ba Ria to pick up your travel permit to historical battlefields. While waiting for the experience with history up close, we will take you to the Ba Ria orphanage, where you will get a chance to see how the nurses and volunteers are taking care of the orphan children from the surrounding areas.
Continuing to the Long Tan cross, a memorial raised by the Australians in August 1969 in memory of the great battle of Long Tan, fought by the Australians and the Viet-Congs in 1966 and onwards to the Horseshoe base, you get a magnificent up close feel of the chaotic times during the war and the effect it had on the surroundings. Afterwards we will take you to the Long Phuoc Tunnels where you will get a glimpse into the primitive looking, yet highly developed guerilla tactics, used by the Viet-Congs to fight of their enemies.
After enjoying lunch, which is included on this trip, we will visit the Nui Dat, SAS Hill, another Australian base before heading back to Ho Chi Minh City. We will arrive in Ho Chi Minh City around 5pm just in time for you to enjoy the city for the rest of your day.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Long Tan Nui Dat Battlefield Tour From Ho Chi Minh City
- A/C car/van for pick up, transfer & sightseeing as per program
- Experienced English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: Long Tan Nui Dat Battlefield Tour From Ho Chi Minh City
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum 2 numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants.
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.